Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I really don't know what to take for options , I know for definite I will be taking health and social because I am aiming to me a paramedic, would I need to take triple science to do that ?and would I need to take a language AND a humanity? because I also want to take GCSE dance as I really enjoy dance and wanted to be a dance teacher from very young however I quit dance about a year ago because I didn't enjoy the Danae school I was at so I thought a paramedic would be a better option Xx

ReputationRep:
    You don't need health and social (what even subject is that?) to be a paramedic. Triple science is more important (although not strictly necessary). Different schools have different policies on whether you have to take a language and or a humanity, but I would recommend it, so that you have the EBacc, and a nice broad range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown_person_)
    So I really don't know what to take for options , I know for definite I will be taking health and social because I am aiming to me a paramedic, would I need to take triple science to do that ?and would I need to take a language AND a humanity? because I also want to take GCSE dance as I really enjoy dance and wanted to be a dance teacher from very young however I quit dance about a year ago because I didn't enjoy the Danae school I was at so I thought a paramedic would be a better option Xx
    If you know what you want to do at uni, I'd recommend looking on uni websites (Don't worry which ones, just give yourself a good idea of what they are looking for) for their entry requirements in terms of A levels or qualifications inc. GCSEs (they may ask for Maths, English and a Science at Grade C), then it may be worth looking at the entry requirements for these A Levels in your nearby college (They may ask for certain GCSEs for example to do Biology at A Level I had to do at least Double Science, but that'll differ from college to college). Personally, I am in uni doing a healthcare course and I took double science instead of triple and I took music GCSE and I had no problem with this (unis are generally quite relaxed about what GCSEs you have).

Also its always helpful to have a good variety of GCSEs so it keeps your options open, just incase you change your mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    You don't need health and social (what even subject is that?) to be a paramedic. Triple science is more important (although not strictly necessary). Different schools have different policies on whether you have to take a language and or a humanity, but I would recommend it, so that you have the EBacc, and a nice broad range.
    Health and Social is to do with How to stay healthy and basically teaches you about things like doctoring , so I believe I would need health and social, I shall take a look in the different unis so I can get a good idea of what I should do, Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouieSax)
    If you know what you want to do at uni, I'd recommend looking on uni websites (Don't worry which ones, just give yourself a good idea of what they are looking for) for their entry requirements in terms of A levels or qualifications inc. GCSEs (they may ask for Maths, English and a Science at Grade C), then it may be worth looking at the entry requirements for these A Levels in your nearby college (They may ask for certain GCSEs for example to do Biology at A Level I had to do at least Double Science, but that'll differ from college to college). Personally, I am in uni doing a healthcare course and I took double science instead of triple and I took music GCSE and I had no problem with this (unis are generally quite relaxed about what GCSEs you have).

Also its always helpful to have a good variety of GCSEs so it keeps your options open, just incase you change your mind
    Thankyou, I shall look at different unis to see what subjects I should take, I might take gcse dance then if you were able to do healthcare with music and I can have a variety , Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown_person_)
    Health and Social is to do with How to stay healthy and basically teaches you about things like doctoring , so I believe I would need health and social, I shall take a look in the different unis so I can get a good idea of what I should do, Thankyou
    no you dont need health and social at all. Youre much better off with a proper subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Health and Social is a good choice, however triple science would be better if you wanted to go into medics. Don't worry though, it doesn't really matter what you pick for GCSE

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.