The Student Room Group

How do you convince your parents to let you move schools?

Without mentioning the school is making you depressed?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Probably going to go better if you're honest. You could try something like "this school is so awesome" or "my school is bad at such and such", but honestly they're going to want a reason and the only decent one I can think of is to say what issues you are having with the school.
I also suggest that if you do move school you look into getting some counselling or something to make sure your problems don't follow you. Once you start getting depressed it has a nasty habbit of keeping on growing even if you get rid of the initial cause.

I'm sorry I couldn't give a magic word or anything. Good luck with everything.
Original post by Anonymous

That would be one of the stronger reasons.

Moving schools is a big thing. Do you have one that you would like to move to? How are your studies going?

If you ask to move they will be suspicious so you need to come up with good reasons. probably :
Closer.
You will do better academically there, espeually if you are failing.
You have friends there.
its a better sixth form.
Your current school doesnt each the subjects you want.

Theres no harm in telling them you are unhappy or that there are issues with the school and youd like to leave, but they may insist you see a Dr or counsellor. I woykdnt move if the problem was bullying.

Talk to childline 0800 1111
How do I let my parents know that I don't want to go to the boarding school I am at, but would rather be at home and go to a public school? It is really hard to be at a boarding school for me because I don't like being away from home. I get homesick really fast and I am mainly scared. Does anyone know how I would be able to persuade them to let me go back to my old school? I had mentioned going back there to my old public school once, but my mom said that I would never set foot in that school because of family issues in the past. My real family still lives in the area and that is why they sent me away to boarding school. So does anyone have any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Latest