The Student Room Group

LSE Msc Human Resources and Organisations vs. St Andrews MLitt International Business

Hi everyone,

I've just received an offer from the LSE Msc HR&O (International Employment Relations) and St Andrews MLitt International Business courses. Both fields interest me (IB a bit more probably), but the major factors that make my decision very hard are the uni reputation and tuition&cost of living. LSE would be twice as much and I'm not sure whether it would pay off later in my career. My question is: do you think a Masters degree from St Andrews would be closely similarly reputable among prospective employers in the business world? Also, I am concerned that LSE study life as a full-time student would be much more stressful, and having a job during school would be impossible.

If you have any relevant information, experiences in these two schools or courses I would be very grateful if you could share them:smile: I'm a little desperate and running out of time:/

Thanks a lot!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Please don't worry about reputation as it means little unless you're working somewhere where it's everything. Employers are far more interested in what you've studied and your work experience. Either way a masters course is intensive so holding down a full time job will be difficult and you'll have to work around your study schedule. Bear in mind that you will also have to allow time for self study. Just weigh up finance and which course is more interesting to you and you will have your answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending