The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BigTraderBoi
I used to be interested in it, before I found out about how riba (interest) is involved. It is not permissible in Islam due to this. I will find a new passion to pursue, one that is permissible inshallah

That's why I made this thread, I don't want other Muslims to make th mistake I almost made

I'm sorry, but how could you not know that this would be involved? lmao
Reply 41
Not everyone who identifies as Muslim identifies as a devout Muslim though.
Original post by Allie4
Not everyone who identifies as Muslim identifies as a devout Muslim though.

This is essential. Not all individuals that identify as Muslims "care" about what is Haram and not, particularly when it extends beyond one's "moral values".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nerry
well so is beating your wives and killing your children but that never stops your lot from doing it...

That's actually permissible, there's a verse in the Quran about beating disobedient wives, and honour killings are allowed due to there being a death penalty for apostasy.
Original post by Al-farhan
The topic you said you were more than qualified for?

Quran
Original post by Bloom <3
Quran

Not sure if you are serious.
But uhhh ok...
Technically, isn't free-mixing haram. Thus, most careers are haram.
Not sure if you are serious.
But uhhh ok...

I am serious
I am serious

I guess you studied under sheikh google ibn wifi?
But either way ok I guess.
Original post by Nerry
well so is beating your wives and killing your children but that never stops your lot from doing it...

"your lot"

Haha why do u say that?
Reply 51
Accounting?

really?
Reply 52

Technically he's right… you're dealing with interest espically in accounting. Depends where you work but most the time you'll have to work with interest and debt so he's got a point.
Reply 54
Original post by _gcx
I'm sorry, but how could you not know that this would be involved? lmao

What classes has he been attending for the last 3 years is my question :colonhash:
I am serious

What kind of qualification? Does it come with a certificate?
Reply 56
Original post by zayn008
Technically he's right… you're dealing with interest espically in accounting. Depends where you work but most the time you'll have to work with interest and debt so he's got a point.

I'm starting an ACA training contract next Monday. God has blessed me with this fantastic opportunity.
Islam is full of stupid rules that its followers claim to stick to but they pathetically do not.

The same goes for every religion.

People break the rules set in their arbitrary books of cult guidance, then they decide they don't like those rules so they interpret the book in a different way.

It's all a farce.
Original post by Cherub012
What kind of qualification? Does it come with a certificate?

Yes it does
Reply 59
Original post by zayn008

In it's simplest form, you're just auditing balances of interest, "debt" is just money owed to suppliers, what **** are you talking

Latest

Trending

Trending