Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need help with translating this (German) text into English. Can anyone help??

Meine Hauptschule is gross und modern, in der Hauptschule lerne ich Erdkunde, werken und Deutsch. Mein lieblingsfach ist Englisch, ich in der Grundschule war, habe ich Naturwissen schaften intressant gefunden. Die Lehrerin war sehr lustig und prima.

Normalerweise beginnt der schultag um neun Uhr und die erste Stunde beginnt um Viertel nach neun. Wir haben fünf Stunden pro Tag. Drei am Morgen und zwei am Nachmittag. In der Zukunft möchte ich auf die Fachhochschule gehen ich lerne Englisch, Jura und Soziologie. Ich hoffe das meine Englisch Lehrerin in der Fachhochschule zo gut wie mein Englisch Lehrerin in der Schule ist.

Die Schuluniform ist eine gute Idee, weil es immer klar ist, was ich morgens anziehe. Mit einer Schuluniform gibt es keinen Unterschied zwischen armen und reichen Schülern. Ich bin eindeutig dafür, da Mode nicht ins Klassenzimmer gehört, finde ich. Man keidet wegen der kleidung nicht unter Diskriminierung und Mobbing, weil alle gleich aussehen. Obwohl ich finde uniform gut tragen, einer Uniform meher Nachteile. Ich würde lieber eine Jeans und einen Pullover tragen. Die Jacke ist sehr teuer und alle schüler sehen gleich aus. Meiner Meinung nach sollten die Mädchen keinen Rock tragen, es ist besser im Winter eine Hose zu Tragen.

Thank you
    Simron

ReputationRep:
    Was this written by someone whose first language is not German, or have you copied it from somewhere not entirely verbatim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simron)
    I need help with translating this (German) text into English. Can anyone help??

Meine Hauptschule is gross und modern, in der Hauptschule lerne ich Erdkunde, werken und Deutsch. Mein lieblingsfach ist Englisch, ich in der Grundschule war, habe ich Naturwissen schaften intressant gefunden. Die Lehrerin war sehr lustig und prima.

Normalerweise beginnt der schultag um neun Uhr und die erste Stunde beginnt um Viertel nach neun. Wir haben fünf Stunden pro Tag. Drei am Morgen und zwei am Nachmittag. In der Zukunft möchte ich auf die Fachhochschule gehen ich lerne Englisch, Jura und Soziologie. Ich hoffe das meine Englisch Lehrerin in der Fachhochschule zo gut wie mein Englisch Lehrerin in der Schule ist.

Die Schuluniform ist eine gute Idee, weil es immer klar ist, was ich morgens anziehe. Mit einer Schuluniform gibt es keinen Unterschied zwischen armen und reichen Schülern. Ich bin eindeutig dafür, da Mode nicht ins Klassenzimmer gehört, finde ich. Man keidet wegen der kleidung nicht unter Diskriminierung und Mobbing, weil alle gleich aussehen. Obwohl ich finde uniform gut tragen, einer Uniform meher Nachteile. Ich würde lieber eine Jeans und einen Pullover tragen. Die Jacke ist sehr teuer und alle schüler sehen gleich aus. Meiner Meinung nach sollten die Mädchen keinen Rock tragen, es ist besser im Winter eine Hose zu Tragen.

Thank you
    Simron
    I iterate Islinglass's comment - this is definitely not written by a native/proficient speaker so I'm puzzled as to why you'd have to translate it . I'll try and translate what I think they're saying:

My secondary school is big and modern. At school I learn Geography, Carpenty/Woodwork, and German. My favourite subject is English. When I was in primary school I found science interesting. The teacher was very funny and super.

Normally the school day starts at 9am and the first lesson begins at 9:15. There are 5 school hours in a day. Three in the morning and two in the afternoon. In the future I would like to go college and learn English, Law and Sociology. I hope that my English teacher at college will be just as good as the one at my school is.

School uniform is a good idea, because I always know what I need to get dressed into in the morning. With a school uniform there's also no difference between rich and poor students. I am definitely in support of that, because I find that fashion doesn't belong in the classroom. You don't suffer from fashion-related discrimination and bullying, because everyone looks the same. Although I think wearing uniform is good, there are disadvantages. I would prefer to wear jeans and a pullover. A jacket is very expensive and all students look the same. In my opnion, girls shouldn't wear skirts, because it's better to wear trousers in Winter.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.