Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, at the moment I have got offers to study pharmacy at both these Universities and am slightly unsure which one to pick as my firm and insurance. I'm thinking Aston University mainly because it's better for Pharmacy but would like to know your opinion pls. Here as some reasons for Aston compared to University of Birmingham

•Aston is ranked higher overall for pharmacy compared to UOB (10th compared to 19th for UOB)
    •Aston has dedicated pharmacy lecturers but UOB has lecturers who just teach a range of subjects
    •Aston is a more established Uni for Pharmacy than UOB as it's been running for a very long time so I feel it must have very good teaching methods from experience. For UOB however, pharmacy is a new course with its first year of students to graduate from the course this year

Against Aston-
    •UOB has better facilities overall with the new Library for example
    •UOB is a bigger campus and feel it may be slightly more enjoyable there with the introduction of the new sports hall for example which looks amazing because of its size
    •UOB is a Russell group University so is one of the best Universities in the country

ReputationRep:
    From what I know, Aston is very good for Pharmacy. Go to an open day, and do some research, its your decision mate

ReputationRep:
    Have a same decision to make between Aston University and Leeds University - which is Russel group university. Did you go to visit them both yet?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely choose Aston!!!
    Aston's MPharm is fully accredited!!!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingrajee)
    Hi, at the moment I have got offers to study pharmacy at both these Universities and am slightly unsure which one to pick as my firm and insurance. I'm thinking Aston University mainly because it's better for Pharmacy but would like to know your opinion pls. Here as some reasons for Aston compared to University of Birmingham

•Aston is ranked higher overall for pharmacy compared to UOB (10th compared to 19th for UOB)
    •Aston has dedicated pharmacy lecturers but UOB has lecturers who just teach a range of subjects
    •Aston is a more established Uni for Pharmacy than UOB as it's been running for a very long time so I feel it must have very good teaching methods from experience. For UOB however, pharmacy is a new course with its first year of students to graduate from the course this year

Against Aston-
    •UOB has better facilities overall with the new Library for example
    •UOB is a bigger campus and feel it may be slightly more enjoyable there with the introduction of the new sports hall for example which looks amazing because of its size
    •UOB is a Russell group University so is one of the best Universities in the country

Hi,

You've obviously done your research and have a big decision to make. Is there anything else you wanted to know about Aston?

Josh

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I study at university of birmingham and will have to say it is very much clinical. Birmingham is also fully accredited now too. If you have any questions do let me know!

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham, It's Russell Group and excellent
    Jus pick any course apart from pharmacy, or you will end up on the dole in 2022/ 2023

Guy on here done 70 days work in 300 days, !! RED FLAG people !!! Not me I should add, just a guy on another 'don't do this course thread' Not cos its a bad course, cos it aint, there is just NO jobs at the end, innit !!

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...%26%20Pharmacy
    Aston ranked 10th, BIrmingham ranked 19th.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...y-pharmacology
    Aston ranked 12th, Birmingham ranked 24th.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.