Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! I have a secret bf how do I tell my parents Watch

(Original post by kaylababesxx)
    u dont have to tell them its none of their business i have a bf but ive kept it a secret from my parents for a year otherwise if thye knew they;d be calling me all the time if i was with him and pestering me and wanting to meet him they also dont want me having sex
    Have you told them yet?

(Original post by Devify)
    Try treading the waters by saying there's this guy you really like? See how they react to the idea of you dating someone first.

Since your bf knows about the situation (I assume). If your parents want to meet him first " before you try dating" just go with that. I can't really suggest much else. They need to know, should've known already considering how long you've been dating.
    That won't go well. If I said that I would end up telling them the truth that we've been together for 2 years now. I already got told by my parents not to find anyone I'm interested in until I'm older when I'm at the age to get married. Let alone be sleeping and dating with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That won't go well. If I said that I would end up telling them the truth that we've been together for 2 years now. I already got told by my parents not to find anyone I'm interested in until I'm older when I'm at the age to get married. Let alone be sleeping and dating with
    Well luv, you ain't got much choice now. You should have told them about the guy as soon as it got serious. Now you either tell them the truth or you end your relationship and pretend it never happened

ReputationRep:
    Have you told them yet?
    no im not gonna tell them until i move in with him or get engaged to him but they knew that i was with him ages ago but they thought that we split up i just havent told them anything since cos there so nosy

ReputationRep:
    Sikh
    So it's a case of either you need to convert to Islam or he needs to convert to Sikhism if you definitely want to stay together. Mind you, you're only 19. You could change your mind about being with him for whatever reason.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This is depressing

One way or another you'll have to tell them and you'll have to be prepared for the outcome, it can't stay silent forever. But as people have said, you're still young so there's no guarantee you'll be with him forever. Enjoy what you have now.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend to your parents that you just met the guy or haven't been seeing him very long

(Original post by UWS)
    This is depressing

One way or another you'll have to tell them and you'll have to be prepared for the outcome, it can't stay silent forever. But as people have said, you're still young so there's no guarantee you'll be with him forever. Enjoy what you have now.
    So i should tell them and see what the outcome is
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So i should tell them and see what the outcome is
    Only if you're ready to tell them and are prepared for what they could throw at you, I would wait though...

I've kept my relationship from my parents for 4 years now It isn't nice..and puts a lot of strain on you...I will be telling them this year summer hopefully! Once some pressure has eased off them atm...from my experience, it is better you get it over and tell them and their reaction to it should get better with time...best of luck! Please don't do what i've done!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.