Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is Facebook keeping my logged in? Watch

ReputationRep:
    *keeping me logged in

Recently, Facebook has been keeping me logged in. I'll sign out, shut my laptop down, and when I boot it back up again and load Facebook I'll still be signed in.

I've never chosen to always be logged in, and I don't save any passwords on Chrome (other than TSR; for some reason I'm always logged in on here too, which I'm fine with, but I'd imagine that's because I don't sign out after being here).

Internet at large is generally useless regarding this, so does anyone here have a solution?

Edit: whilst I'm here: if I send my Xbone off to Microsoft to get repaired, how long will it take before it's returned to me? I've just had to send a controller off to Germany to get fixed, I'm guessing I'll have to send my console there too... in which case it'd be the best part of a month. Ho hum. Why they can't fix them here is beyond me.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Drunk Punx)
    *keeping me logged in

Recently, Facebook has been keeping me logged in. I'll sign out, shut my laptop down, and when I boot it back up again and load Facebook I'll still be signed in.

I've never chosen to always be logged in, and I don't save any passwords on Chrome (other than TSR; for some reason I'm always logged in on here too, which I'm fine with, but I'd imagine that's because I don't sign out after being here).

Internet at large is generally useless regarding this, so does anyone here have a solution?

Edit: whilst I'm here: if I send my Xbone off to Microsoft to get repaired, how long will it take before it's returned to me? I've just had to send a controller off to Germany to get fixed, I'm guessing I'll have to send my console there too... in which case it'd be the best part of a month. Ho hum. Why they can't fix them here is beyond me.
    I am at loss at this one about facebook, sounds like an issue with your laptop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I am at loss at this one about facebook, sounds like an issue with your laptop.
    Not sure about that, it doesn't keep me logged in on anything else (other than TSR).

Like, I get why certain websites will sign you out automatically so that peeps can't peruse your stuff whilst you're away from the laptop, but signing me back in automatically after I've signed out? That's a new one on me :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.