Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will anyone bar Chelsea or City win the league in the next 5 seasons? Watch

ReputationRep:
    1. Chelsea and City have the best managers and have the boards to back them up.
    2. Liverpool will continue being nearly men. They'd need to sign another Suarez to have a hope in hell.
    3. Spurs are decent but that's all they'll ever be. Not to mention the bottling
    4. Arsenal
    5. Man Utd won't ever win the title again until they get themselves a decent Scottish Manager.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You never know who might win the league - look at Leicester! Personally I'm banking on Hull City next year.

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd make more money and have been outspending Chelsea and Man City recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Man Utd make more money and have been outspending Chelsea and Man City recently.
    Not done much for them though.

And like I said, they don't have a decent Scottish manager.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Not done much for them though.

And like I said, they don't have a decent Scottish manager.
    Which Scottish managers do you think are capable of taking the job?

ReputationRep:
    The margins in the premier league these days are SO thin, analytics genuinely play pivotal roles in how managers set up.

I think we will see different winners every year for the next 5 years. For me, not one team is indefinitely strong enough to be able to retain the title.

ReputationRep:
    Which City? Hull? Leicester? Cardiff? Stoke?

ReputationRep:
    Jose always win the league in his second season at a club, just sayin'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen Star)
    Which Scottish managers do you think are capable of taking the job?
    Alex Neil will soon be ousted from the Norwich job and will be available to be Man Utd gaffer,

ReputationRep:
    Same City manager who was going to walk away with the league right?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Alex Neil will soon be ousted from the Norwich job and will be available to be Man Utd gaffer,
    I'm very doubtful that Alex Neil will ever take over the reins at Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing the difference one new good signing can make.

Take note Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen Star)
    I'm very doubtful that Alex Neil will ever take over the reins at Manchester United.
    Owen Coyle then

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal only sign to replace out of contract players. Wenger has no interest in competing, he thinks he can treat the gunners as if they're in China.

ReputationRep:
    I think any of United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham could be league champions in the next few years but they all need a few changes. Much like Chelsea a year ago.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    We'll win the league again before City do

ReputationRep:
    The one thing I have noticed about Chelsea this season ( which in my opinion is ominous for everyone else) they play a brand of football that is almost tailor-made to be successful in the Premier League. It's direct, its efficient and it's fast. That's why they have only dropped 5 points since September. You don't get the pointless endless sideways passing which seems to infiltrate United City Arsenal Liverpool at some stage or another in a football match which makes it easier for their opponent whoever that may be to get a foothold in the game.
    With Chelsea, they get the ball and they make something happen with it in the best route possible in this league which is run at the defence, stretch the defence and do it as quickly as possible. THAT for me is why Conte and Chelsea are head and shoulders above the rest and unless the others improve significantly this summer then Chelsea will be difficult to match for a few years. Spurs if they can keep their team together and add to it, look like being their closest challenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    We'll win the league again before City do
    Delusional.

City have outplayed virtually everyone this season, including Chelsea.

It's just their defence which have let them down. Once that's improved (already has with Bravo being dropped), then City can start to challenge Chelsea.

Spurs will continue to be up there. Arsenal and United need major changes and Liverpool need to spend on new players.

ReputationRep:
    Seems highly likely. People never learn I swear. Jose's Chelsea were going to dominate for years and then they went and finished 9th last season.

This will probably be shot down, but I think it's a matter of time before Spurs win it now, and I also agree with whoever said United will win it again before City
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Delusional.

City have outplayed virtually everyone this season, including Chelsea.

It's just their defence which have let them down. Once that's improved (already has with Bravo being dropped), then City can start to challenge Chelsea.

Spurs will continue to be up there. Arsenal and United need major changes and Liverpool need to spend on new players.
    Swap "defence" for "attack" and you've described our season. Burnley West Ham Stoke Hull Arsenal Everton all games we dominated and should have won easily. That's another 12 points which would put us 2 behind Chelsea.

I don't think it's delusional to state that if we knew how to put the ball in the net we'd be top 2. It's a proven fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.