Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What comes after guns? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What will be the future soldier's main weapon? (anyone wielding a lightsaber can be shot).

I'm thinking they will be non-lethal weapons that permanently blind or temporarily stun a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistletoe)
    What will be the future soldier's main weapon? (anyone wielding a lightsaber can be shot).

I'm thinking they will be non-lethal weapons that permanently blind or temporarily stun a person.
    You mean like flashbangs/stun grenades? They use those now.

I think it will just be refining the weapons we have. Reduced jamming, lighter, more power with less recoil? I don't know.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    laser pointers!

And cats are the enemy

ReputationRep:
    They pack aids in syringes. Or something worse. What happens in the end is the enemy becomes the weapon.

ReputationRep:
    They already exist. Direct energy weapons are around, look up the 'Active denial system'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    You mean like flashbangs/stun grenades? They use those now.

I think it will just be refining the weapons we have. Reduced jamming, lighter, more power with less recoil? I don't know.

I noticed that you can't go out and kill a squirrel with a gun, because you're likely to miss and hit someone innocent or nothing at all. You have to trap it, or to use something with limitted range or that stuns. Whatever this weapon is needs to be quickly deployable (unlike grenades) and to be pointable (unlike grenades, which are throwable not pointable).

All our military tactics at the moment are limitted by their capacity to catch squirrel-like military entities.

ReputationRep:
    Active Denial System (ADS).

ReputationRep:
    ED-209. What could possibly go wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I noticed that you can't go out and kill a squirrel with a gun, because you're likely to miss and hit someone innocent or nothing at all. You have to trap it, or to use something with limitted range or that stuns. Whatever this weapon is needs to be quickly deployable (unlike grenades) and to be pointable (unlike grenades, which are throwable not pointable).

All our military tactics at the moment are limitted by their capacity to catch squirrel-like military entities.
    A grenade launcher is pointable.

Also, what squirrel-like military entities exist?

ReputationRep:
    2nd Battalion, The Royal Welsh Hedgehogs.

ReputationRep:
    battlefield petitions. by weaponizing the SJW's favorite tool the armies of the future will be able to defeat even the most fearsome enemy. if enough people sign.

everyone owns a nuclear weapon .lol

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by the bear)
      battlefield petitions. by weaponizing the SJW's favorite tool the armies of the future will be able to defeat even the most fearsome enemy. if enough people sign.
      Name:  terry-pratchett-terry-pratchett-the-pen-is-mightier-than-the-sword-if.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  162.3 KB

ReputationRep:
      A grenade launcher is pointable.
      Not pointable enough.

most terrorist organisations, we cannot kill them because they escape into trees much like terrorists escape into civilian populations. and we need trees like we need civilian populations.

ReputationRep:
      Not pointable enough.

most terrorist organisations, we cannot kill them because they escape into trees much like terrorists escape into civilian populations. and we need trees like we need civilian populations.
      But why would we want to kill them?

They make our lovely multinational defence contractors lots of gold!

Merely, suppress them...

ReputationRep:
      That's a limitation of the rules of engagement, not of the tools we use.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Drewski)
      That's a limitation of the rules of engagement, not of the tools we use.
      are you suggesting that we can somehow ignore the rules of engagement and thus succeed in defeating these organisations?

ReputationRep:
      are you suggesting that we can somehow ignore the rules of engagement and thus succeed in defeating these organisations?
      We could choose to ignore them, yes, but that risks breaking other rules.

ReputationRep:

Ummm... I'm not sure where you got your information from, but the best way to kill a squirrel is with a shotgun.

ReputationRep:
      Obviously handheld mini-nukes.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.