Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone
    i have my uwe nursing interview this week (mental health branch) and was wondering if anyone else has had one and if they can share their experience with me? it would be super helpful. like what questions did they ask and what were the maths and english tests like? this is my last interview but first choice and I'm so nervous
    thank you x

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview for adult last year, i'm starting in September this year as I had to defer. It was the most relaxed interview I went to! The exam is first, and lasts an hour, the english section was easy, just explaining the qualities of a nurse. The maths was a bit harder but if you look at the practice tests beforehand, and learn how to calculate percentages etc, it's pretty basic.
    Next, the group task, I was put into a group of about 6 people, each group was given a photograph of a scene in a nursing environment and we had to work together to figure out what it was showing, what caring skills were being used etc. So essentially you need to piece together the scenario and feed back to the lecturers and other groups.
    I was really nervous about the individual interview, but honestly, the exam was the worst part of the whole few hours. I was interviewed by two women ( who were both very lovely ) They asked me a few questions about myself, as in why I would like to be a nurse, examples of where I have shown compassionate qualities. Then they gave me a scenario, and I had to explain what I would do in detail and relate back to my own experience.
    My main advice would be to look keen, although I was nervous, I asked several questions in my individual interview which stemmed greater conversation, and I feel as though it helped the lecturers to see more in me than if i were to have just stuck to what they asked me. I actually enjoyed this interview process, and I received an offer only 3 hours later! I hope thus helps, good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.