Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Nope!
    Alreyt, fleky6910 wanted me in the shadow cabinet. I'm not going tae defect to the Conservatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    Alreyt, fleky6910 wanted me in the shadow cabinet. I'm not going tae defect to the Conservatives.
    No I didn't.
    Secondly your not an MP

ReputationRep:
    I think nostalgia is not what it used to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    No I didn't.
    Secondly your not an MP
    Fair point. I will be though. Probably in the next few weeks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he doesn't
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Does anyone else just miss how simple life was back then? The great music, the great TV shows, the movies (Harry potter was still a franchise), the fashion, schools were better, we had a progressive labour government... i miss the 00's a lot in general but lately its been 2009. Anyone else just feeling sick with all the new technology and domination of social media?
    Objectively i have many reasons to be happier now but 2008 does still rank as the best year of my life in terms of how i look back. I was young, drunk, employed part time and meeting tonnes of women on top of having a great group of friends. It was incredibly fun.

These days i naturally disagree with you on some stuff (a sniff of political bias in your OP) but the films are now all sequels, my social life is splintered (lots of friends but no close core), my sex life is more subdued and i have much less free time and a much more repetitive life.

On the flip side i think that TV is no worse, i have more money, my belief in myself is pretty resolute and i enjoy the innovations being created, i am also much more mature as a person, much more self aware and have come to value values.

Perhaps the grass is always greener on the other side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwokenMuslim)
    2000 was the best year to be born,
    Who remembers the Rubbadubbers, Tweenies, Storytime, Brum, Boo!, Come outside, The Koala Brothers, Pingu, Postman Pat, Fimbles...

Man I really miss when I was a child, everything was easy back then with no worries
    It was story makers

ReputationRep:
    Lol, every generation says that, going back to our grand parents and even before it. Some things never change. We are no different.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    We were in recession from 2008-2009
    Nah, longer than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Nah, longer than that.
    It was 2008-2009 and then again from 2011-2012

ReputationRep:
    We did have the fastest recovery in the G8!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We did have the fastest recovery in the G8!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I remember the double dip recession. In January 2010 we had a growth of 0.1% if only we voted in Labour again our economy would have grown quicker.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the double dip recession. In January 2010 we had a growth of 0.1% if only we voted in Labour again our economy would have grown quicker.
    Your funny , still ignoring the facts , we had the fastest recovery in the G8, if you voted labour you'd have sky high debt . If my knowledge is 0 , yours is as least -25%

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we're out of the red just yet.

ReputationRep:
    Your funny , still ignoring the facts , we had the fastest recovery in the G8, if you voted labour you'd have sky high debt

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Under the tories, our debt has continued to rise.

ReputationRep:
    But the rate at which it increased has fallen. The deficit has fallen . Labour would have increased the debt by more .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Read my Osborne thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But the rate at which it increased has fallen. The deficit has fallen . Labour would have increased the debt by more .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It probably would have in the short term.

ReputationRep:
    we always had problems. what you're feeling is called nostalgia. get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    Read my Osborne thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alreyt

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.