Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pregnant while using implant?! Watch

Just a warning really, that it can happen.
    Granted, no contraception is 100% guaranteed, but I never imagined I'd be one of the roughly 1 in 2000 women that get pregnant while using the implant. We weren't using a condom because we'd run out of latex free ones (recently discovered that I'm allergic), and 'you only need a condom alongside other contraception when one of you has an STD'. Turns out that's all bullsh*t! haha..
    I have to have an abortion because I have a future to think of and don't consider it a 'baby' yet (I'm a month in), but other people with different morals/religion may find themselves in a pretty tricky situation.
    Moral of the story - IT CAN HAPPEN. Wear a sodding condom.

ReputationRep:
    Lol we know that. We know that contraception isn't 100% effective and you should've as well. Sorry to hear of your situation.

(Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Lol we know that. We know that contraception isn't 100% effective and you should've as well. Sorry to hear of your situation.
    To be fair, when you're faced with statistics like 'less than one women in 1000 get pregnant with the implant', you're normally pretty safe to assume that it won't happen
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You have been staggeringly unlucky by getting pregnant despite having the implant - it's more reliable than a sterilisation op, but still not 100%...

Hope everything goes well with your choices.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I tried the implant but got it removed due to side effects but then I fell pregnant on microgynon and had an abortion too. You always think it'll never happen to you and contraceptive failures are only ever something you read about or only happen when you forget to take the pill but it happened to me and I took the pill religiously. I felt cheated. I've been on Cerazette for the last five years and touch wood, had no failures on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.