I have applied to a secondary school for a ICT technical assistant its a pay grade 4 , the job description will be below.
- be a good communicator, comfortable in relating to staff and learners.
- have already acquired technical experience in a variety of areas.
- be able to respond to queries and requests from staff and learners.
- be able to address systems and applications failure and malfunction.
- share a commitment to both individual and team achievement.
- have an understanding of both Apple and Microsoft operating systems.
- Use ICT to support learning.
- Can use specialist equipment/resources.
- Has full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation.
- Can understand statutory frameworks relating to data protection, site licensing, e-safety, Safeguarding etc.
- Can organise and contribute ideas to colleagues and pupils.
- Can self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Can relate well to children and adults.
- Can communicate effectively at all levels.
- Can understand the constraints of budget on ICT development.
The question I have is... what sort of Competency Test would i be expect to complete, they said it will be a technical test and in front of the interviewers but that's all i know.
I do have a degree in IT however i know it wont be to degree level test and computing is a big field.
someone who would have done this before or does it the info would be GREAT!
When can you expect yours?