Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just received my summer 2017 exam timetable.
    Unbelievably computer science, M2 and D1 are all on the same day June 16!
    It will be 5.5 hours long, surely computer science and further maths is not an unusual choice?!!?!

ReputationRep:
    All all of these exams in same examination session (ie. all scheduled for 9:00am or all schedule for 1:30pm)? If so, you could apply for an exam clash. To quote from the JCQ:

"If candidates are taking two or more papers timetabled in a session and the total time is more than three hours, including extra time and/or supervised rest breaks, you may conduct an examination in a later or earlier session within the same day, without the need to complete any paperwork. Prior permission from an awarding body is not required. However, the security of the examination must still be maintained. You must supervise candidates in line with the requirements in section 2.11"

Similarily,
    "When candiadtes are entered for multiple examinations timetabled for the same day and the total duration for those papers is more than:
    six hours for GCE examinations (AS, A2, A-level), includiin extra time and or supervised rest breaks

candidates may be allowed to take an examination the following morning, including Saturdays.

I think you may just be able to argue a case that the supervised rest breaks between your three exams will be thirty minutes, which will mean you can take an examination the next day.

Are you absolutely sure that they're all scheduled for the same day?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply. The comp sci is at 9am and the maths are both scheduled at 2pm. As i say its 5.5 hrs total exams, but i have extra time so will actually be close to 7hrs!
    Idk anything about the breaks will be but presumably one of the maths ths will be brought forward.
    I am yet to hear anything official from the school, but people are talking about overnight supervision, which is truly bizarre!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erstwhile)
    Thanks for your reply. The comp sci is at 9am and the maths are both scheduled at 2pm. As i say its 5.5 hrs total exams, but i have extra time so will actually be close to 7hrs!
    Idk anything about the breaks will be but presumably one of the maths ths will be brought forward.
    I am yet to hear anything official from the school, but people are talking about overnight supervision, which is truly bizarre!
    What usually happens is that you have to stay at home and your parents have to sign something saying that you weren't cheating or whatever

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.