Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    dvdbno[mfgnm m
    • Section Leader

    Section Leader
    (Original post by jabbathehulk)
    So when I sent copies of my certificates to a uni, they told me I had a BTEC certificate rather than a Btec subsidiary diploma which I had written on my application.(diploma has 60 points whilst certificate has 30).

    I know that I must contact ucas asap to correct the error but how should I tell the uni I don't have the diploma they are asking for but mixed it up with the certificate?

    I'm afraid they'll think that I was lying and reject me.

    That was my only BTEC and the teacher had left the school so I couldn't carry on for the diploma - don't know if this information will help anyone to understand,
    Yes you need to ask UCAS to correct your application and then contact each of your universities.

    It's necessary to tell them now, rather than them figuring it out later.

    Posted from TSR Mobile


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.