Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I'm usually top of the class in IT/CS (achieved 1st on End of Year exam both in Y7 & 8), so I very rarely ask for help with current homework, but it appears my demise has arrived.

We received a homework last week with three levels to choose, the Easy, Medium, or Hard. Easy and Medium I got done within the lesson, since I almost always get classwork done early. Hard gets you a "good comment". Unfortunately for me, I'm only good at recognition and description of logic gates, and get really confused when it comes to applying them in a diagram or plotting out complex truth tables. I've completed most of the worksheet already, but the last one is bugging me a little.

An electronic system will only operate if three switches P, S and T are correctly set. An output signal (X = 1) will occur if P and S are both in the ON position or if P is in the OFF position and S and T are both in the ON position. Design a logic circuit (network) to represent the above situation and also draw the truth table.

If anybody could help me create a logic circuit diagram for this, I'd be really grateful. Thank you!

Please ignore the image attached, it was related to a previous question and was attached by accident. Soz
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Here's how I would do it:
    Name:  Logic Gates.png
Views: 105
Size:  3.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    Here's how I would do it:
    Name:  Logic Gates.png
Views: 105
Size:  3.2 KB
    Thanks for the help! I forgot you could just have the absence of a logic gate and just use a straight connection (like the one that goes straight down from P).

I really appreciate the help, and thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    Even in Uni, logic gates are the bain of my life!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.