Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so basically ive applied to psychology and based my entire personal statement on it and even have got offers however I don't think I want to do this so I will be changing it to diagnostics radiography at one of the accepted unis . however I am currently at college with a part time job and want to keep this job at uni as at home the financial income is not good and if I do diagnostics radiography it is 50% placement and 50% uni . I'm just really confused on what to do at the moment . is there anyone who can help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanabegum123)
    so basically ive applied to psychology and based my entire personal statement on it and even have got offers however I don't think I want to do this so I will be changing it to diagnostics radiography at one of the accepted unis . however I am currently at college with a part time job and want to keep this job at uni as at home the financial income is not good and if I do diagnostics radiography it is 50% placement and 50% uni . I'm just really confused on what to do at the moment . is there anyone who can help
    What exactly are you confused about?
    You can still keep a job, and most students on a healthcare related course do work part time around classes.
    You just need to see if your employer is willing to be flexible when it comes to your rota, especially when you're on placement.
    As you know your studies comes first and you cannot miss class / placement and ask them to arrange hours around work.
    It is work who need to be flexible with you and the best way to do this is by having a 0 hours contract and just stating what weeks you're available and when and when you cannot work.
    You will also have exams and revision etc that will interfere with you working so it is something you need to consider greatly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviant182)
    What exactly are you confused about?
    You can still keep a job, and most students on a healthcare related course do work part time around classes.
    You just need to see if your employer is willing to be flexible when it comes to your rota, especially when you're on placement.
    As you know your studies comes first and you cannot miss class / placement and ask them to arrange hours around work.
    It is work who need to be flexible with you and the best way to do this is by having a 0 hours contract and just stating what weeks you're available and when and when you cannot work.
    You will also have exams and revision etc that will interfere with you working so it is something you need to consider greatly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I work in retail so it has fixed contracted hours and my job is a weekend job and I'm afraid placements might be held during weekends mostly .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.