Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am 20 and i my second year of uni and have never been n a relationship. At the end of last year I asked out someone I liked and got rejected. My fiend convinced me to join tinder and I got quite a lot of matches. I went on 2 dates but while both of them seemed to go really well, one of the people never messaged me back after the date and the other one keeps making excuses when we talk about another date. Anyway recently I have been having doubts about using tinder since part of me thinks it makes me look desperate and that I can't find anyone in real life. Today I got another match and we have been talking and she said she wants to go see a film with me next week but I don't know whether I should go or not. She is really pretty and seems nice but she isn't the type of person I would normally like. I'm at uni but she is just a waitress. Now I know that sounds harsh and I don;t mean it in a cruel way I just mean there are different intelligence levels so I don'r really know if we would work and we like different things like music tastes but we like similar movies and tv shows. We also don't really have any friends in common. I'm not sure what to do. What do you think? Do you think I should go on the date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am 20 and i my second year of uni and have never been n a relationship. At the end of last year I asked out someone I liked and got rejected. My fiend convinced me to join tinder and I got quite a lot of matches. I went on 2 dates but while both of them seemed to go really well, one of the people never messaged me back after the date and the other one keeps making excuses when we talk about another date. Anyway recently I have been having doubts about using tinder since part of me thinks it makes me look desperate and that I can't find anyone in real life. Today I got another match and we have been talking and she said she wants to go see a film with me next week but I don't know whether I should go or not. She is really pretty and seems nice but she isn't the type of person I would normally like. I'm at uni but she is just a waitress. Now I know that sounds harsh and I don;t mean it in a cruel way I just mean there are different intelligence levels so I don'r really know if we would work and we like different things like music tastes but we like similar movies and tv shows. We also don't really have any friends in common. I'm not sure what to do. What do you think? Do you think I should go on the date?
    i think you should go!!
    dont judge her because of her job- who knows what she'll be like and you wont know untill you go!

ive heard about tinder and quite a few of my friends met their current partners from tinder!

give the girl a chance, take her out and see how it goes!! who knows it might just work out!
    just be yourself and go with the flow!
    remember things are only awkward if you make them awkward! and most importantly- have fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was "just a waitress" before going to uni. But I dated a PhD student and a medical student and conversation flowed brilliantly. I'm now studying for a business degree myself. My point is that you know nothing about this girl. How on earth can you presuppose her level of intelligence just because of her job title? What is intelligence, anyway? Just a level of education? Your view seems incredibly shallow to me.

If you're doubting Tinder, just go for this date. If it doesn't go well you can quit the app and try something else. Join a group or club with uni, for example. Great way to meet people.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.