Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had some pain when breathing in (near my heart), then i decided to breath in hard (yeah i'm in idiot) and i felt a small pop and the pain went away.

what caused this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistletoe)
    I had some pain when breathing in, then i decided to breath in hard (yeah i'm in idiot) and i felt a small pop and the pain went away.

what caused this?
    Oh hey I get this sometimes too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Oh hey I get this sometimes too
    o rly? do you have any idea what it is?

ReputationRep:
    o rly? do you have any idea what it is?
    I don't know what it is, but I get it sometimes, I know exactly what you mean by breathing in hard and feeling a "pop" under one of your ribs, it's very strange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    I don't know what it is, but I get it sometimes, I know exactly what you mean by breathing in hard and feeling a "pop" under one of your ribs, it's very strange
    do you smoke? i do. worried that has burned a hole in my lungs or something, or if there is a blood vessel blockage.

ReputationRep:
    do you smoke? i do. worried that has burned a hole in my lungs or something, or if there is a blood vessel blockage.
    Nope I've never smoked in my life

ReputationRep:
    Precordial catch syndrome?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echo00)
    Very interesting!

ReputationRep:
    I remember looking this up a while ago, it sounds like it could be Precordial Catch Syndrome

ReputationRep:
    That makes a lot of sense, since I said "pop under one of the ribs"

http://emedicalhub.com/wp-content/up...me-picture.jpg

ReputationRep:
    thanks. phew not a big deal.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    M8 if you burned a hole in your lungs you would definitely know (the pain would not go away) and would probably want to go to hospital soon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.