Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trump was tweeting during SEAL raid in Yemen Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    No, that didn't happen. The stuff you read on Infowars.com is not real.
    infowars? lol nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Houthi5)
    infowars? lol nope.
    It doesn't really matter where you got your laughable conspiracy theory.

ReputationRep:
    Not a conspiracy, Hilary Clinton admitted it with her own mouth.

and I'm no conspiracy theorist nut job either

ReputationRep:
    Irony..

ReputationRep:
    The Navy SEAL raid against Al-Qaeda in Yemen, which resulted in one navy SEAL being killed and several wounded due Trump's decision to go in before they were ready (possibly the Flynn/Bannon influence), is now known to have occurred while Trump was tweeting!

That's right, while the US Navy SEALs were engaged in a desperate firefight against Al-Qaeda terrorists, where they were pinned down with sniper fire and penned in by minefields and a hail of machine-gun fire due to poor pre-battle surveillance and reconaissance, Trump was tweeting out his whiney complaints against the New York Times for not being sufficiently worshipful to him.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...90087857995776

Trump clearly has issues when it comes to criticism; he's extremely thin-skinned and he seems to spend a lot of time and energy complaining about, and attacking, the news media. If he sees a story he disagrees with, he turns it into a media fight and complains about how he's being unfairly portrayed and how everyone is biased against poor widdle Twump. It really is astonishing how much time and energy the White House spends obsessing over media battles.

Why do they care so much? Why do Trump and the alt-right get so triggered by what the 'liberal' news media writes? They claim they don't care what "SJWs" and "cucks" say, but it's clear they desperately crave the good graces and opinions of the media and progressive left. Perhaps this was to be expected; when a reality TV star becomes the president, should we have predicted he would be completely media obsessed, that he would confuse the actual business of governing and making policy with the 24-hour media cycle? He seems to think the media cycle is reality, and that the presidents job is to be a participant in it and fight battles within it rather than engaging with the media as necessary but concentrating on his duties.

In the scheme of things all of that is less important than the fact Trump ordered a raid to go ahead without proper planning and due diligence (President Obama had delayed the raid as he believed the military needed more time, prep, intel etc), and that he didn't even bother to stay in the situation room to monitor the raid but was tweeting about how the evil New York Times hurt his poor feelings. This manchild is president, for goodness sake.
    Did you want him in Yemen there, fighting alongside them? Bloody hell. And the raid was planned by the Obama administration to take place on that date, Trump just gave the go-ahead because he couldn't be totally up to speed so early on and he trusted the competency of the last government. Evidently that was a mistake.

The implication here also seems to be that he doesn't care about the lives of the soldiers he commands. He actually went to visit the grieving family of the soldier who died (the first of his administration) in person without briefing the press beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    No, that didn't happen. The stuff you read on Infowars.com is not real.
    This is common knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    This is common knowledge.
    I think AlexanderHam is just trolling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    I think AlexanderHam is just trolling
    I've been Poe's Law'd to death at this point. I couldn't tell if he was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    I've been Poe's Law'd to death at this point. I couldn't tell if he was.
    I honestly don't know for sure if he is, but I can't believe that he'd act like this on purpose..

ReputationRep:
    The Navy SEAL raid against Al-Qaeda in Yemen, which resulted in one navy SEAL being killed and several wounded due Trump's decision to go in before they were ready (possibly the Flynn/Bannon influence), is now known to have occurred while Trump was tweeting!

That's right, while the US Navy SEALs were engaged in a desperate firefight against Al-Qaeda terrorists, where they were pinned down with sniper fire and penned in by minefields and a hail of machine-gun fire due to poor pre-battle surveillance and reconaissance, Trump was tweeting out his whiney complaints against the New York Times for not being sufficiently worshipful to him.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...90087857995776

Trump clearly has issues when it comes to criticism; he's extremely thin-skinned and he seems to spend a lot of time and energy complaining about, and attacking, the news media. If he sees a story he disagrees with, he turns it into a media fight and complains about how he's being unfairly portrayed and how everyone is biased against poor widdle Twump. It really is astonishing how much time and energy the White House spends obsessing over media battles.

Why do they care so much? Why do Trump and the alt-right get so triggered by what the 'liberal' news media writes? They claim they don't care what "SJWs" and "cucks" say, but it's clear they desperately crave the good graces and opinions of the media and progressive left. Perhaps this was to be expected; when a reality TV star becomes the president, should we have predicted he would be completely media obsessed, that he would confuse the actual business of governing and making policy with the 24-hour media cycle? He seems to think the media cycle is reality, and that the presidents job is to be a participant in it and fight battles within it rather than engaging with the media as necessary but concentrating on his duties.

In the scheme of things all of that is less important than the fact Trump ordered a raid to go ahead without proper planning and due diligence (President Obama had delayed the raid as he believed the military needed more time, prep, intel etc), and that he didn't even bother to stay in the situation room to monitor the raid but was tweeting about how the evil New York Times hurt his poor feelings. This manchild is president, for goodness sake.
    I reckon you must have a really pathetic sex life and the only thing that gets you excited is the thought of another pathetic petty post about Trump. Did you enjoy your fap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutz99)
    I reckon you must have a really pathetic sex life and the only thing that gets you excited is the thought of another pathetic petty post about Trump. Did you enjoy your fap.
    Whoa you really roasted him there!!! Hahahahaha made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    AlexanderHam Come on man, snap out of it, I think politics is toxic for you

ReputationRep:
    You have to hand it to Trump,he gets things done.

Two weeks in the white house and hes got British SJWs appreciating the US military and expressing deep concern over their success and wellbeing.

Amazing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.