Turn on thread page Beta

Kings college London or McGill? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I want to become a foreign diplomat and I applied through UCAS to do international relations. Although i have always lived in London my first choice on UCAS is Kings college London simply because I adore the course. However I also really want to go to McGill in Canada for my undergrad studies as I want to move abroad. Tuition fees aside my main preoccupation is which university is best to become a foreign diplomat and I was wondering if anyone could help me by sharing your thoughts and opinions ..

Thanks !
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by chartreux5)
    Hi everyone. I want to become a foreign diplomat and I applied through UCAS to do international relations. Although i have always lived in London my first choice on UCAS is Kings college London simply because I adore the course. However I also really want to go to McGill in Canada for my undergrad studies as I want to move abroad. Tuition fees aside my main preoccupation is which university is best to become a foreign diplomat and I was wondering if anyone could help me by sharing your thoughts and opinions ..

Thanks !
    Not sure what you mean by 'foreign diplomat' - that's not a real job. The closest thing to it would be working for the Foreign Office (see here: https://www.faststream.gov.uk/diplomatic-service). The Civil Service does not care where you went to university, or even what subject you studied - McGill or KCL, it will make no difference at all.

If money was no object then I would go to McGill purely for the experience of living and studying in a Francophone city. But if you're not interested in French then you might as well stay in London.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.