Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls how important is a guy's personality for u - REALLY? Watch

Really though, is it as important as advertised?

Yes, definitely for me! Idc about looks. I could get past that if he had amazing personality and was able to make me laugh and feel special.

For me its the most important factor of all, I only feel attracted to someone as a person not what they look like

ReputationRep:
    Very important! If it's a ripped 6ft rugby player then that's a bonus

ReputationRep:
    Pretty important, a similar personality usually works wonders in a relationship

sure its not the be all and end all but it certainly plays a huge part

more important to me is that he doesn't have too many of the negative characteristics, so long as hes not selfish, lazy, useless, a liability or an angry psycho who thinks hes above everyone else then you've already got a chance with me

ReputationRep:
    It's important

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it the most important factor? You have to spend your life with this person, surely you'd want to get along with them/find them interesting?

ReputationRep:
    Very important. I wouldn't want someone that I can easily get bored of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Personality for me is so important. I'm not the smartest or prettiest girl so to find someone who would see through that would be so nice. I like learning how quirky and special people are underneath the skin.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be real here, as much as it's hurtful for some people to hear it.

Vast majority of people will develop that initial attraction towards you because of your looks. While your personality and your charisma might help you in the long run, all of that is mostly useless in an average person's mind if they're not physically attracted to you. There are individuals out there who will look past your appearance and give you a chance, but if there isn't much of a physical attraction, it most likely won't end up well.

That is the reason that seemingly unpleasant individuals who look conventionally attractive still get attention, while someone with a more moderate personality and average looks might not get as many looks. Humans occasionally value appearance to such an extent that they're willing to look beyond your behavior, while they mostly don't value personality in such a way that would make them look past your appearance.

ReputationRep:
    It's the most important thing. It doesn't matter how good looking a person is; if they aren't likeable and aren't interesting to talk to then a relationship isn't going to work.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's important. Only time personality doesn't matter is I'd you're going for like one night stand or something.

I will much rather be dating someone who I enjoy spending time with rather than someone who's just hot. The looks may be what draws your attention in the first place but that doesn't last so in the end it's just a plus.

ReputationRep:
    Very! Looks mean nothing if you are as dry as cardboard.

ReputationRep:
    Well for something serious it's definitely important. It doesn't really matter what he looks like if he doesn't act the way we would want what is his looks gunna give us? So for me personality is 100% important!

ReputationRep:
    For me, looks might attract me to someone I don't really know but for any kind of relationship or friendship personality is way more important than looks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Really though, is it as important as advertised?
    On a scale of 1 to 10 = 10.

Looks aren't everything so the ability to make me laugh is important. Personality builds up that special connection which is very important in any relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Girls under 25: It doesn't matter, just be hot.

Women >= 25: It does matter if you're not rich. If you're rich, it doesn't.

Overall: no it doesn't matter.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    VERY
    no one wants to date a hot guy whos a complete ********

ReputationRep:
    well i have to get along with them

ReputationRep:
    Very….

But if he is good looking then that is a bonus…. & tbh is probably what is going to attract you to them in the first place.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.