The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Panic Mode!!!

Ok so heres the deal with my accomodation fiasco.

I apply for the accomodation with the online thing.

I get the acceptance letter but dont realise the PDF thats attached (so stupid, i know).

When i realise something is not right i call them up, and get told the following:

- They will extend my deadline to the 10th (today)
- I need to login and accept my offer
- I need to deposit £200
Nothing was mentioned about the fact that i need to send all the stuff in.

So, i logged in but saw no way of "accepting" the offer.
But using the epayments i deposited £200.

Today i stumble accross the PDF and realise that:

- deposit is £265
- I can only accept via the letter
- The PDF says i need to accept within 21 days, but the email says only 14.

Essentially i am seriously worried, i am not sure exactly what to do anymore. All i know is that tommorow i am taking the first train to London to hand in those papers personally and hope to God its not too late. Also regarding the online thing.. is there a way to accept online, or was that just a misunderstanding.

If anyone can give some advice i would be really greatful. Still kicking myself that i did not notice the stupid pdf.
Reply 1
don't worry too much, probably unlikely they've given your room away already so you've still got a chance!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
What PDF is this? £265? What is this madness? :confused:
Reply 3
I didn't get a PDF, and I only had to pay £200. Are you an international student?
Reply 4
Azimuth
What PDF is this? £265? What is this madness? :confused:

Sparta...

No seriously, its the .pdf file that is attached to the email that you get when u are accepted to the hall. Did people not get one of those?
Reply 5
Nope. If you're at an intercollegiate hall, maybe that's why?
Phone them up and ask them what the hell you're supposed to be doing.

You're not the only person in panic mode, just chill out and talk to them. Their forms might be lousy but they aren't out to get you. You can always fax the form in if necessary, but you should be able to do it online - I wouldn't get on a train before talking to them.

If all else fails email the union's Deputy President (Education & Welfare) and let her know your situation so you can follow it up: Kirsty Patterson, [email protected]. In fact, she's meeting with the accomodation office tomorrow so if you're having problems she'll probably appreciate being told about them.

The College are now becoming aware of how frustrated many freshers are at the process this year.

(In related news: Freshers Annoyed at Lack of Correspondence)
Reply 7
Thanks for your reply Ashley, you have put me at ease somewhat.

As for calling them, its a complete joke. All i get is the same "we have no available operators..." line 24/7. The operator @ commonwealth hall switchboard never answers either.

Seems like email is the only way.
Reply 8
Hi!

I can approve that it's definitely £265 because it's intercollegiate hall. I've got allocated to International Hall and it was the same process for me. Luckily, I was told that I could send scanned copies of the filled out documents via mail in order to get them there in time and then post the originals to them. Apart from that, there was a friendly accommodation assistant very quick at answering emails, so I got an answer to a problem and the acknowledgement of receipt swiftly.

You should try to email or phone directly to a person. Wasn't there anyone mentioned in the mail? It's the same with the accommodation as it is with Imperial: They never respond if you send emails to some general mailboxes like (for instance in my case) [email protected] (ih standing for International Hall).
Reply 9
Ok well panic mode is over.

Went to London today and sorted it all out along with forms deposits etc. Thank god for that.
Reply 10
Kris2456
Ok well panic mode is over.

Went to London today and sorted it all out along with forms deposits etc. Thank god for that.

Nice, well done! ^^ :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending