Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a 26 year-old girl, and I've had 2 long-term relationships of 3 years each, and a couple of short-term things.

I'm quite introverted, but when I'm with friends I've known for a long time I can be much more outgoing. I like to laugh a lot and I've been told that I'm funny and witty. I like to talk about all kinds of things, and think Im a good listener, I have hobbies that I like to discuss too.

I'm not really a party animal; I'd say clubbing once a month is sufficient for me, but I like to go to bars and pubs and have a chat. People have always commented on the fact that I'm very calm, quiet and sensible.

However ,I'm now starting to ask myself if guys find my personality boring. My ex told me all the time that I was boring, and that other people thought this of me too. He eventually left me for a very outgoing, loud party-animal girl who was always out and in some kind of crazy situations, falling over on the floor that kind of thing. He even told me she was much more fun than me.

There's a guy who I really liked, and we were good friends. He wanted to be FWB but said that for a relationship I was too 'quiet and calm', and that he 'hadn't felt the connection with me'. We used to speak every day and he said that I was intelligent, funny, and really interesting to speak to, but not more.

It's true he's much more 'out there' than me, party animal kind of guy. I've seen now that he's seeing a girl who is more 'like him'; she's always doing crazy poses on pictures, there are pictures of them where they're really drunk and they're always writing playful insults to each other and stuff.

I feel gutted, he claimed he 'didn't find me boring at all', but I know that he does. I feel like I have to change something about myself. I try to let my hair down every now and then, but I can't be like these people... does it sound like I'm too boring? Thanks

It sounds like you need to find the right guy. Being completely honest the qualities you describe yourself with are pretty much what I'm looking for. I had a year-long relationship two years ago with a heavily extroverted, partying and slightly crazy girl. Although it could be fun it was also tiring and it felt like I was adopting a parenting role sometimes, so it taught me that it's not what to look in a potential long-term.

I'm sociable, but introverted and parties really aren't my idea of a weekly night out. Feeling the need to be crazier or more 'immature' is familiar too. Don't let it bring you down! There's more to life than partying although it can be difficult not being one of those people. Most of the people I know party and game each week: I'm a scout leader and St John volunteer. Stark contrast. I'm a 17 year old guy.

bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a 26 year-old girl, and I've had 2 long-term relationships of 3 years each, and a couple of short-term things.

I'm quite introverted, but when I'm with friends I've known for a long time I can be much more outgoing. I like to laugh a lot and I've been told that I'm funny and witty. I like to talk about all kinds of things, and think Im a good listener, I have hobbies that I like to discuss too.

I'm not really a party animal; I'd say clubbing once a month is sufficient for me, but I like to go to bars and pubs and have a chat. People have always commented on the fact that I'm very calm, quiet and sensible.

However ,I'm now starting to ask myself if guys find my personality boring. My ex told me all the time that I was boring, and that other people thought this of me too. He eventually left me for a very outgoing, loud party-animal girl who was always out and in some kind of crazy situations, falling over on the floor that kind of thing. He even told me she was much more fun than me.

There's a guy who I really liked, and we were good friends. He wanted to be FWB but said that for a relationship I was too 'quiet and calm', and that he 'hadn't felt the connection with me'. We used to speak every day and he said that I was intelligent, funny, and really interesting to speak to, but not more.

It's true he's much more 'out there' than me, party animal kind of guy. I've seen now that he's seeing a girl who is more 'like him'; she's always doing crazy poses on pictures, there are pictures of them where they're really drunk and they're always writing playful insults to each other and stuff.

I feel gutted, he claimed he 'didn't find me boring at all', but I know that he does. I feel like I have to change something about myself. I try to let my hair down every now and then, but I can't be like these people... does it sound like I'm too boring? Thanks
    No, no, no... you're not boring. You're just..niche.

ReputationRep:
    Your 26, do you really want to act like an 18 year old just to impress guys?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're not boring, it's just that everyone has a different preference when it comes to people.

A person who spends their days kayaking may not enjoy having a partner who doesn't, and likewise a person who spends their days reading and just being reserved in general probably wouldn't interact too well with someone who spends their days drinking and partying. You can see where I'm coming from.

You just need to find someone who is 'for you' so to say.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.