Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply to Scandinavian Studies at the University of Edinburgh but I’m from Spain and the grading system is very confusing. In my country the GCE is called Bachillerato and we select between Arts, Science, Social Studies and Humanities (the one I’m going to choose). In Humanities we don’t study Math or any kind of Science, but Greek and Latin. Searching for the requirements I’ve found this: “A language other than English at Grade B (if not at Higher), English at Grade C and Mathematics or an approved science at Grade C.”. I understand this is not my grading system and my requirements are probably slightly different, but Math? I can't mix science and humanities and I don't think the requirements for Scandinavian Studies are Biology and Maths. Is it enough if I've passed maths in GCSE? I've tried to contact the admission department but they don't answer. Please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anamp01)
    I want to apply to Scandinavian Studies at the University of Edinburgh but I’m from Spain and the grading system is very confusing. In my country the GCE is called Bachillerato and we select between Arts, Science, Social Studies and Humanities (the one I’m going to choose). In Humanities we don’t study Math or any kind of Science, but Greek and Latin. Searching for the requirements I’ve found this: “A language other than English at Grade B (if not at Higher), English at Grade C and Mathematics or an approved science at Grade C.”. I understand this is not my grading system and my requirements are probably slightly different, but Math? I can't mix science and humanities and I don't think the requirements for Scandinavian Studies are Biology and Maths. Is it enough if I've passed maths in GCSE? I've tried to contact the admission department but they don't answer. Please help!
    It’s understandable that they didn’t reply – according to Edinburg’s website, the deadline for EU applicants, which is January 15, has already passed.

You may check Scandinavian or Dutch universities instead, since their deadlines are much later.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.