Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Choosing new photo for drivers license? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have my provisional license but my photo is horrific, and this may be a really simple question but when it comes to getting my actual drivers license, how does it work? Do I have to fill out forms and send another photo etc? Or when you pass your test do they just take your provisional and do it for you? Sorry not really sure, but I really need a different photo for the actual license

ReputationRep:
    As far as I am aware they use the same photo and details and all that, so you'd probably have to talk to someone if you want it changed.

ReputationRep:
    They'll use the same photo. Does it really matter - it's not a fashion parade, just an identifying photo?

ReputationRep:
    They use the same picture as the provisional. I hated mine so once I got it I sent away for a new one with an updated picture on. I still hate it but its slightly better

ReputationRep:
    Just had a look online, it states it's free to get the license but £17 to use a different picture? That's not too bad, so I'm assuming you do have to apply for it yourself?

ReputationRep:
    How old is your licence? I got a renewed provisional about 6 months ago and they just used the photo from my passport.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine around June 2016, would it be better to just renew that instead? Haha sorry for all the questions

And to the other poster, I realise this is an extreme first world problem, but if I don't like the photo and am able to change it then why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petite-abi)
    I got mine around June 2016, would it be better to just renew that instead? Haha sorry for all the questions

And to the other poster, I realise this is an extreme first world problem, but if I don't like the photo and am able to change it then why not?
    Yep, fair point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petite-abi)

There is not a single person on the planet who looks good in an ID photo. They follow the same rules as your passport (hair out of face, no smile, straight on to the camera ect)
    You're able to change it if you desperately want to as long as you're not thinking you can go from a passport photo to a well-angled glamorous selfie..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.