The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

PPE - A-Level Maths Important?

I'm currently deciding on A-levels, I'm predicted an A grade in GCSE maths, but am not sure if I would be able to cope with AS level maths. For PPE at Warwick, it states that A grade GCSE maths is required; but is it enough to be able to cope with the economics portion or is AS level maths at least preferred, or relatively important to get in to, or succeed at the course?
Reply 1
Original post by tajtsracc
You'll do fine. I got a B in GCSE maths and I'm currently predicted/aiming for A* at 2nd year. Granted as long as you put the work in you'll absolutely be able to cope with AS maths.

Thank you! I enjoy maths quite a bit but am constantly worried about whether or not I'd be able to cope with it as I have heard it is extremely difficult at A-level, but this has reassured me; I'll be sure to put the work in.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Zourtix
Thank you! I enjoy maths quite a bit but am constantly worried about whether or not I'd be able to cope with it as I have heard it is extremely difficult at A-level, but this has reassured me; I'll be sure to put the work in.

I got an A at GCSE and an A* A level maths, it is harder but it's also more fun

Quick Reply

Latest