Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I phoned Falmouth as I couldn't make any of their set interview dates and they have offered to do a Skype interview with me instead.

Can anyone give me ANY information on
    1. how a skype interview works

2. how to set up an online porfolio for Falmouth and

3. Does having a Skype interview make me any less likely to get an offer from the uni? I'd LOVE to go to Falmouth and I have visited the university before, I just can't get down there for the next two months unfortunately when interviews are taking place.

ReputationRep:
    I would really appreciate a response to this as my interview is fast approaching11
    I still feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage for having a Skype interview

ReputationRep:
    Today I had an interview with falmouth for animation and visual effects, it was supposed to be a skype interview but they called me on the phone, I guess this might happen to you too. Beforehand I sent them a link to my portfolio (which i uploaded on flickr), my phone number and skype ID to their admissions email. There is nothing to be worried about, the interviewer was really friendly and cool. It was like having a chat with a friend. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sannyny)
    Today I had an interview with falmouth for animation and visual effects, it was supposed to be a skype interview but they called me on the phone, I guess this might happen to you too. Beforehand I sent them a link to my portfolio (which i uploaded on flickr), my phone number and skype ID to their admissions email. There is nothing to be worried about, the interviewer was really friendly and cool. It was like having a chat with a friend. xD
    Hi, thanks for the reply!
    Are you an international student? I'm UK based but I'm 12 hours away and can't get down to the uni on any of their interview dates but I've found they EXPECT Uk based students to get there : (

Can you give me any info on what questions they asked/how you set out your portfolio? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockworkPaws)
    Hi, thanks for the reply!
    Are you an international student? I'm UK based but I'm 12 hours away and can't get down to the uni on any of their interview dates but I've found they EXPECT Uk based students to get there : (

Can you give me any info on what questions they asked/how you set out your portfolio? Thanks!!
    Hey, Im an EU student from Bulgaria. I didnt get a notification for this thread so im really sorry for replying late. I hope your interview went well if it already passed. >< I heard that most of the unis offer phone interviews if the applicant cant come, even if based in the UK. Literally they asked me most of the questions that are on their site like an interview guide kind of thingy. Like what animators do i like and why, what do I want to do and etc. The interviewer couldnt ask me a lot because i couldnt stop speaking cuz i get really hyped about animation. Basically i told them what animations i want to make in the future and things like that. I can send you my portfolio if you want, just pm me. :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sannyny)
    Hey, Im an EU student from Bulgaria. I didnt get a notification for this thread so im really sorry for replying late. I hope your interview went well if it already passed. >< I heard that most of the unis offer phone interviews if the applicant cant come, even if based in the UK. Literally they asked me most of the questions that are on their site like an interview guide kind of thingy. Like what animators do i like and why, what do I want to do and etc. The interviewer couldnt ask me a lot because i couldnt stop speaking cuz i get really hyped about animation. Basically i told them what animations i want to make in the future and things like that. I can send you my portfolio if you want, just pm me. :3
    Ahh see I'm a little nervous I've already made them unimpressed by being UK based when really they'd like UK students to come. I sort of zone out on skype and phone calls so I'm hoping to avoid that ^^"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.