is anyone goin to Queen Mary?!!?!!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Suz
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bouncybouncy)
So, I'm British right. Home, EU, whateva. But I'm living in Ireland.
Being a clearing student, is there a chance I'lll get a place? D ppl who are not london based get places?

Sorry That I'm the one asking you ques on top of ques and nobody's answering yours. So ppl out there! Answer this person's question please!

Bounced
my situation totally same as urs bouncy but i ONLY GOT ACCEPTED YESTERDAY so i havnt even got accomodation sorted! arrr! stress!!

P.S whereabouts u from in ireland? im in belfast
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Well considering you live in Ireland, you probably will get it. But as u applied in August- it might be too late as the deadline was 30th June. However they must give some kind of consideration to the clearing situation. In that case ure probably higher up the waiting list than me....grr
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Suz)
my situation totally same as urs bouncy but i ONLY GOT ACCEPTED YESTERDAY so i havnt even got accomodation sorted! arrr! stress!!

P.S whereabouts u from in ireland? im in belfast
Im in belfast too! &u know who i am (clue:I LOAF GOLD!)
Anyway, dont stress, just think about MILK on SAT!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Im in belfast too! &u know who i am (clue:I LOAF GOLD!)
Anyway, dont stress, just think about MILK on SAT!
lol aye i know quite rightly who u r but did u not notice i was askin da other person??!!
Bouncybouncy
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
lol aye i know quite rightly who u r but did u not notice i was askin da other person??!!

Hey you people from Upnorth Ireland!! I'm downsouth so I am! I'm actually in Kilkenny. Ireland is so small and the most hilarious hthing is that my address is 2 lines long. Ahem 'Whateva Rosehill crt', Kilkenny. And ppl insist on putting Kilkenny, county kilkenny from other countries! Yawn!

I love the Belfast accent! I could listen to it all day! I love the way you say 'aye' and stuff like 'I'm hungry so I am!'

Anyway, hope you're looking forward to London! I am!

Er... that is if I sort out accomadation. Maybe I better ring since TIME is definately getting on!

Bouncey
13th Step
Report 15 years ago
Yay! I got accomodation, I guess ppl from London do get an acceptance at one point. Anyway I'm at South woodford in Pooley hall, apparantely most of the medics stay there.
Bouncybouncy
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 13th Step)
Yay! I got accomodation, I guess ppl from London do get an acceptance at one point. Anyway I'm at South woodford in Pooley hall, apparantely most of the medics stay there.

Brill maaan! Lucky you!

I'll wait for the post tomorrow. If I don't hear anything, then I'll ring. Fingers crossed I don't end up staying in a cardboard box in Kensington!

I'm sure you'll find the environment with medics quite nice. Medics are usually hardworking people and it's an ideal study environment if you need to study.

Hang on! But are you the business person or the medical student at QMW? Sollie, it's just that all you ppl are unregistered and it's hard to tell who's who!

Spoink_
Suz
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
well im the one from norn iron(hehe)..belfast.. doin da business-y degree (IT in business) at QMUL..

thing is, i still haven't received ANYTHING from them even tho it says on the UCAS site that i have been accepted. how long does it usually take? gettin quite worried because i need to sort out accomodation but if i apply late then.. no more places???

Suz
13th Step
Report 15 years ago
I'm the med student....i just registered. I'm sure you'll get some kind of accomodation, the residences office at queen marys is supposedly very good. Apparantly, everyone who wants accommodation will get it in some way or for....probably a bit more comfy than a box.
Bouncybouncy
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 13th Step)
I'm the med student....i just registered. I'm sure you'll get some kind of accomodation, the residences office at queen marys is supposedly very good. Apparantly, everyone who wants accommodation will get it in some way or for....probably a bit more comfy than a box.

I'm in the Pooley hall at South Woodford. I've read the rules and they sound strict! No food in the room, no radio or telly in da room from 11pm to 9am. Hmpf!

But i've spoken to some students on da net and they said it's aint a nunnery. Apparently the overweight warden lives 9miles away which gives you plently of time to clean up your murder scene!! Like crisp chomping, telly watching, radio blasting e.t.c

Sheesh, they also want a £165 deposit! I did kinda want my own flat but folks said no!

Well, should be fun. we'll see!

Bouncy

P.S. Okay, so Suz is the business student now. And the medic, you're under New member. I suppose it's better than calling you unregistered though- te he!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (38)
14.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (37)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
20.85%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (98)
37.84%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (14)
5.41%
No particular grades needed (18)
6.95%