Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tripletrouble333)
    Yh they just want us to produce more work so they can show off to their bosses. They're using us to get a pay rise...
    Couldn't agree more!

ReputationRep:
    bare flirting

ReputationRep:
    the mark scheme discuses higher temperatures, unpredictable rainfall and prolonged seasonality. you need to refer to more than temp and rain to get full mark. you will not get marks for discussing economic, environmental or social impacts as this is not what the question is asking.always link it back to how climate change may affect this and adding in cases study examples such as changes in the north atlantic pressure belts will help you to get in the top band!All the best! i am taking the same exam in a few days! good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    I am so nervous for this exam ://

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the timings for unit three? I heard you're supposed to spend 30 minutes on the last question but is it the same as the others where it's "one minute per mark"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ames_06)
    Does anyone know the timings for unit three? I heard you're supposed to spend 30 minutes on the last question but is it the same as the others where it's "one minute per mark"?
    You have 1:30 total for the exam that is worth 53 marks. You are advised to spend 30 minutes reading and making notes on the resource booklet and so that leaves 1 hour for 53 marks which is just over a mark per minute.

ReputationRep:
    okay, so i have never done well with Geography. I was getting C's and D's throughout the whole school year, and to be honest I was really stressed.
    But this exam was actually okay. Some questions threw me completely but i know I tried my best

anyways, how did everyone else find the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimee.woolford)
    okay, so i have never done well with Geography. I was getting C's and D's throughout the whole school year, and to be honest I was really stressed.
    But this exam was actually okay. Some questions threw me completely but i know I tried my best

well i wrote malthus theory instead of boserup like a idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimee.woolford)

I just need to check was the 6 marker for consuming resources about renewable resources?? Because I'm panicking thinking that it said non renewable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiyaP06)
    I just need to check was the 6 marker for consuming resources about renewable resources?? Because I'm panicking thinking that it said non renewable
    I'm pretty sure it was non-renewable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bimball)
    I'm pretty sure it was non-renewable.
    Yeah, it was definitely non-renewable.

ReputationRep:
    OMG! i just realised that i did not put a cross on top of the questions that i did! Is this ok as the tick box is at the top of the page so even if it was not ticked they could see that i answered the questions. Guys is it ok, should i speak to my exams officer or something or is it fine! Does anyone know how the marking process works for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y-star7)
    OMG! i just realised that i did not put a cross on top of the questions that i did! Is this ok as the tick box is at the top of the page so even if it was not ticked they could see that i answered the questions. Guys is it ok, should i speak to my exams officer or something or is it fine! Does anyone know how the marking process works for this?
    Its okay, I did the same thing on my first paper, as long as you didn't answer or write anything for the 2 other option questions, they will mark the ones you answered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bimball)
    Its okay, I did the same thing on my first paper, as long as you didn't answer or write anything for the 2 other option questions, they will mark the ones you answered.
    Thank you for reassuring me of that.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, was that last question about environment or economy? Unit 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwainRM)
    Hey, was that last question about environment or economy? Unit 3
    Well in the question it asked for references to the impacts on 'people and the environment' so socially and environmentally, but there was alot you could say economically that would still be viable in an answer (because of option 3).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.