Free debit card usage abroad Watch

londoncricket
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,

Until recently, Norwich & Peterborough Building Society had a current account called Gold Classic, which offered a Visa debit card that had no usage fees, exchange fees or withdrawal fees abroad. Withdrawing at an ATM in the US, in USD, had no costs at all, as if I was withdrawing GBP in UK. The exchange between GBP and the foreign currency (in this case, USD) was done by Visa, at their 'wholesale rate' which is very, very close to the foreign exchange market rate.

Unfortunately, Norwich & Peterborogh Building Society have now removed this current account from their website and are not opening any more such accounts. Does anyone know of any other current accounts that have a debit card with similar features to N&P's now defunct Gold Classic?

Thank you!
Nottie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Revolut
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Santader zero , Sainsburys Gold, MVNA Everyday plus, Halifax Clarity, Creation everyday. there are others with just free debit and others with free atm.
londoncricket
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nottie)
Revolut
Looks good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
londoncricket
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Santader zero , Sainsburys Gold, MVNA Everyday plus, Halifax Clarity, Creation everyday. there are others with just free debit and others with free atm.
All those that you mentioned are credit cards. Anyone you know with free ATM, at near forex rate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
estel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some of the Nationwide accounts (FlexOne and FlexPlus) have free foreign cash withdrawals.

You could also look at a new service such as Monzo that aren't charging international fees.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (884)
90.76%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (90)
9.24%

Watched Threads