Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    so I'm sitting my GCSE's this year and am fascinated by the world of finance and stock market, I do a lot of paper trading in my spare time and wanted to know if anyone knew of a trading platform where you can trade under 18?

Thanks in adveanced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yuness27)
    Hi,
    so I'm sitting my GCSE's this year and am fascinated by the world of finance and stock market, I do a lot of paper trading in my spare time and wanted to know if anyone knew of a trading platform where you can trade under 18?

Thanks in adveanced
    No, need to be 18.

If you like finance, read up on Warren Buffett and Peter Lynch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter Lynch)
    No, need to be 18.
    Legally need to be 18

ReputationRep:
    When I was 16 I signed up with Hargreves Lansdown; I didn't have much success as it was just £200 to try out the stock market trading. I didn't have any problems getting a Fund and Share account albeit I did exaggerate my age a tiny bit (by 2 years).

You can give HL a try but I wouldn't be surprised if their sign up process has changed in terms of identification.

A few others:

- Get Stocks
    - The Share Centre

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtheClassicMan)
    When I was 16 I signed up with Hargreves Lansdown; I didn't have much success as it was just £200 to try out the stock market trading. I didn't have any problems getting a Fund and Share account albeit I did exaggerate my age a tiny bit (by 2 years).

You can give HL a try but I wouldn't be surprised if their sign up process has changed in terms of identification.

A few others:

- Get Stocks
    - The Share Centre

Good luck
    Thanks I will definitely have a look

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks in adveanced
    What is your paper return?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor_Einstein)
    What is your paper return?
    Well in the past couple of weeks i've been trading option on platforms like IQ option and paper return on that have been from 1k to 50k within the first week, On the other hand for shares I was using a practise account on Plus 500 and I managed to make 200k from the 20k within a couple of months.

ReputationRep:
    Well in the past couple of weeks i've been trading option on platforms like IQ option and paper return on that have been from 1k to 50k within the first week, On the other hand for shares I was using a practise account on Plus 500 and I managed to make 200k from the 20k within a couple of months.
    That's very good. You must have been very lucky. I would be hesitant to assume you will continue with such gains.

ReputationRep:
    That's very good. You must have been very lucky. I would be hesitant to assume you will continue with such gains.
    Yeah, I all think to myself its beginners luck and honestly ill be happy if I make a fraction of these gains

ReputationRep:
    You can't until you're 18.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I all think to myself its beginners luck and honestly ill be happy if I make a fraction of these gains
    Can you not invest through your parent/s/guardian/s?

ReputationRep:
    Can you not invest through your parent/s/guardian/s?
    Yeah that's what I am going to do this summer, but was curious to see if there was another way.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.