The Student Room Group

Standing concert - Very nervous!!!

Hey everyone,

So I have standing tickets to my very first concert in a few weeks and i'm really nervous. I have a few worries...

- The concert starts at 7, what time do you think it will end?

- How will I cope standing up for so long without getting tired? What kind of shoes shall I wear?

- How hot will it be? What kind of outfit shall I wear

- I'm worried about getting pushed around lots, does this happen?

- What kind of bag shall I take?

- What kind of snacks shall I bring?

Just any advice if you've ever been to a concert with general floor admission would be so helpful! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by hannah10101
Hey everyone,

So I have standing tickets to my very first concert in a few weeks and i'm really nervous. I have a few worries...

- The concert starts at 7, what time do you think it will end?

- How will I cope standing up for so long without getting tired? What kind of shoes shall I wear?

- How hot will it be? What kind of outfit shall I wear

- I'm worried about getting pushed around lots, does this happen?

- What kind of bag shall I take?

- What kind of snacks shall I bring?

Just any advice if you've ever been to a concert with general floor admission would be so helpful! :smile:

1) probs 10:30ish
2) wear flat shoes
3)It may be warm so possibly a thin jumper or top
4) Depends where you stand and what concert tbh
5) a small crossbody bag
6) sweets are usually a good choice
Reply 2
1) Doors open at 7. Then you'll wait around for a while, then the support act/s will play, with lots of waiting in between... In other words, don't get there at 7. The main act will probably start a couple of hours after that.

2) Comfy ones. Don't get there too early.

3) It will probably be hot.

4) Depends on what kind of music it is. I've never been to a gig where more than 10% of the crowd is "pushing around", but then I've never been to a heavy metal gig so maybe they're different, who knows.

5) One that people can't easily steal from in a crowded place

6) None? Why would you need snacks? It's not the cinema!
What time it will end will be governed by how many support bands there are.

You'll be standing up for a few hours. not running a marathon. Chill. And don't wear heels.

T-shirt and hoodie. You can wrap the hoodie around your wait if you get tired.

Depends who it is you're seeing. Cattle Decapitation? Definitely. Ed Sheeran? Probably not.

It'd be preferable to wear something with pockets instead of taking a bag.

Snacks? I... don't understand the concept of taking snacks to a gig. You go to see live music and get shitfaced, why would you need snacks?
Reply 4
Who are you going to see will depend alot on it and how old are you.

but..

1. Concerts usually finish 10:30-11

2. Have a few drinks or whatever else you fancy and have fun, you won't even realise you've been standing for that many hours. Trainers that are comfortable.

3. you will sweat, make sure you have WATER. buy it from the bar, should be £2-3 (rip off I know but you need it). Bring a jacket but leave it in the cloakroom, wear a bum bag/pouch that you can fit a bottle of water into, it'll help a ton. Backpack if you must. Don't wear too much clothes. As little as possible if anything. (top and shorts/jeans whatever) wrap your hoodie around you if you have one.

4- Depends what music, if anything stay out of mosh pits, don't get involved if you don't want to. Stay to the sides of the stage more if anything.

5. Pouch/bum bag that can fit a bottle of water. Backpack if you must

6. none, you won't be hungry, eat something before and on the way back.

Quick Reply

Latest