Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need advice about a guy I met. Watch

Hi, I really need advice on what to do with my relationship with a guy I met online. He is the same age as me, we have the same interests, we are basically the same person. He is perfect. The only downside is he lives in Spain and I live in the UK.
    Considering we met online and due to the long distance between each others countries we have never met in person. I have not told anyone about him even though we have been talking for just over a month.
    We met over Instagram after he commented on one of my posts. It then lead to direct messaging which revealed our common interests of music. We then got each others numbers and snap chat names and have been communicating ever since.
    Even though we have never met, we have talked very deeply and we both know each others deepest and darkest secrets. With him knowing nearly everything about me and vice versa.... we have both developed feelings for each other. I am in love with him, which is ridiculous and crazy considering the circumstances. The reality of our relationship is that it will never work due to the distance and the fact we have never met.
    I plan to visit him in Spain in July, but the problem is how do I convince my parents that he is a decent guy and is who he says he is? So that they let me visit him.
    Right now, it is making us both suffer than we cannot be together but yet we can't stop talking to each other because we feel such great feelings towards each other. I don't know what to do, should I keep talking to him and visit him. Or should I forget him which I don't think I can do even though it's making me suffer. I believe that the five months wait to see him will be worth it. But what happens after we meet and I return back home? What is he to me? We can't be in a relationship only talking over text messages forever. I really love him and I would seriously consider moving to Spain to be with him. This obviously is not possible as I am only 17 and I am starting university next year. We cannot go on with just texting until after we both finish university. But we both really love each other and can't let each other go.
    I love him, but the feeling that we will never be together is killing me. Please can people give me advice on what to do. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Always use protection

ReputationRep:
    perhaps you could have a Skype session with him, you and your parents ?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.