Why do Burnley have such bad form away from home?

Watch this thread
Fallen Star
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The Ashley Barnes goal at Watford vs. Burnley is only their fifth away goal of the season so why do they perform badly as visitors but brilliantly when at Turf Moor?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Some teams play better at home. Then again Sunderland smashed Palace 4-0 away and they've had a shocking away record.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
In their defence look at who they've played away - nearly all the teams in the top half in good form. They've still got to play 5 of the bottom 6 away from home and those are the games they've got the best chance of getting a result from.
scriggy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I remember Fulham used to be the same. I'm sure they went a few seasons averaging less than one away win per season. There are a few reasons why home and away form differs but such a big difference over a long period of time almost becomes inexplicable, and it probably becomes a mental thing more than anything else.
moggis
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Never discount the possibility that the difference in the home and away stats -I mean the sheer size of the difference rather than any difference -could just be coincidence.

Remember it's not just one team we are assessing it's one team out of as many as 200 in Britain and the main European countries.

Out of 200 teams the probability that one may have had far more luck at home than away isn't very small.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
20.41%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8.16%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8.16%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
10.2%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (14)
28.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
24.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed