The Student Room Group

Leigh Day TC Cover Letter

Hi there,

Does anyone know how long the cover letter to apply for Leigh Day's Training Contract should be?

Their website does not specify it and I wonder whether it has to be within one page of A4, or can be longer?

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd say generally, if there's no word count, a covering letter shouldn't exceed more than one side of A4. I applied to the Leigh Day Manchester office last year and got an interview with a covering letter that was less than one side of A4. Aim to be concise in your motivation and reason for applying to them
Reply 2
Thank you!:smile: How did you find the interview, if I may ask? I haven't found much info about their recruitment process in general
Reply 3
Original post by Jane.J
Thank you!:smile: How did you find the interview, if I may ask? I haven't found much info about their recruitment process in general

I didn't really enjoy the interview very much. It was quite intense and much more a case of them posing a load of questions, seeing what my response was and making notes. Other firms I've found make more of an attempt at making you relaxed and having questions more conversational in style. I felt like Leigh Day were looking for very specific answers to every question.

There was also a case study based exercise that I wasn't aware would be happening on the day. Luckily for me it was based around personal injury so I did get good feedback on that. It was a hypothetical client that had come to you with after and RTA with various different issues to pick out such as financing the claim, potential draw backs of the case and what kinds of claims she had.
Reply 4
Thanks so much for sharing this!
Reply 5
Hi Jane,
Did you apply to London or Manchester?
Good luck!
Reply 6
Hi Magda,

I have applied for London, you?

Good luck to you too if you've applied!
Reply 7
Has anyone heard back from Leigh Day?
Reply 8
I haven't heard yet
Reply 9
I also applied to Leigh Day but haven't heard anything. Has anyone else had any more luck? Thought I'd check since the deadline's approaching.
Original post by Rach54
I also applied to Leigh Day but haven't heard anything. Has anyone else had any more luck? Thought I'd check since the deadline's approaching.

I haven't heard back from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Bornblue
I haven't heard back from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard either.
Reply 12
I have spoken to them and they expect to send out invites to interview by end of next week.
Reply 13
Original post by Loki
I have spoken to them and they expect to send out invites to interview by end of next week.

That's great thank-you!
Reply 14
Has anybody heard?
Reply 15
I haven't- I'll post here if I do
Reply 16
Hi there, has anyone heard from them?
Reply 17
Original post by Jane.J
Hi there, has anyone heard from them?

Hi, I just called and they say the invitations to interview have been sent out and interviews are being held this week.
Reply 18
Hi Rach,

Thank you, that's good to know. I wish they made the effort to send out even an automatic rejection email, but oh well.

Have a good day, and good luck with others applications!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Jane.J
Hi Rach,

Thank you, thanks good to know. I wish they made the effort to send out even an automatic rejection email, but oh well.

Have a good day, and good luck with others applications!

I agree. We spend ages writing the applications and ages waiting. The least they could do would be to send us a rejection email. We're not asking for detailed feedback, just the courtesy to respond to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest