Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's something your parents still don't know about you? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Is there anything that you're keeping from your parents? :mmm: Or maybe there's just something about you that they just don't know about. What is it?

Yeah yeah they know I use TSR.... But they don't know I got an E at AS and they don't know that I'm not religious anymore (they can't find out :rofl:)...

Discuss.
    They don't know anything about me- i'm a completely different person when im at home... i dont talk much- keep myself to myself and just v v toned down....

however the real me is when im at uni and with my friends....
    why?
    because reasons
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    I know what the term 'asexual' means... But like i'm struggling to knkw what it MEANS if you follow. Like, do you just have no sexual desire?
    I remember you saying you have an ex boyfriend etc so hence why i'm confused..

- If you don't mind me asking that. You don't have to answer

Hope you get over your MH issues. You're doing all you can from what i've seen. I'm tempted to be like 'you'll get over it, stop being pessimistic etc' however, those are empty words and ultimately they're your demons.
    Hopefully it'll improve over time
    Technically I am demisexual. So pretty much, I am attracted to people's personalities well before their looks. And even then it is not guaranteed. Have little to no sexual desire also. Don't have a care for sex or any of that stuff tbh.

I don't think I will, I am stuck with them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Technically I am demisexual. So pretty much, I am attracted to people's personalities well before their looks. And even then it is not guaranteed. Have little to no sexual desire also. Don't have a care for sex or any of that stuff tbh.

I see. Got ya.
    I suppose if you met the right person and developed a strong connection with them then you would be a bit more 'romantic' (for want of a better word) with them.
    Hmmm interesting. I reckon that is more common in women than men.

I see. Well that's sad you feel like that.
    That's personal stuff and leave it there but if you ever want to PM and chat about it then i'm happy to listen and offer what advice i can
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    I see. Got ya.
    I suppose if you met the right person and developed a strong connection with them then you would be a bit more 'romantic' (for want of a better word) with them.
    Hmmm interesting. I reckon that is more common in women than men.

I see. Well that's sad you feel like that.
    That's personal stuff and leave it there but if you ever want to PM and chat about it then i'm happy to listen and offer what advice i can
    Not really. I have no interest in it, really, anymore, and I'm not mentally in the right place. I don't think I do well in relationships. Nor do I want marriage or children, and I really like independence :lol:

Thank you But, with my diagnosis, I have to feel like that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I have no interest in it, really, anymore, and I'm not mentally in the right place. I don't think I do well in relationships. Nor do I want marriage or children, and I really like independence :lol:

Thank you But, with my diagnosis, I have to feel like that.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Lol similar answers

Would you ever tell your parents? What would happen if they found out?
    yea, if they pissed me off. Cry, nothing else they can do, i pay my own bills

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Because the person who raped me is my mums nephew aka my cousin (my mums brothers son)
    I'm sorry.
    It's entirely your personal decision
    If you don't want to reply that's fine
    Do you think she wouldn't believe you?
    I can't imagine taking any side but my child's in that situation and seeking justice. Regardless of any blood relationship
    I have an acquaintance who's oldest son (15) abused his 6 year old sister and he's now in YO for it
    It was difficult for her to do it but it had to be done
    I would hope your mum loves you enough to follow through.
    Please make sure you're getting support from somewhere. It can't be buried forever

(Original post by Rhythmical)
      That like yourself, I do not believe in a religion anymore. That I am bisexual, that I am not as happy as I seem and underneath I am broken inside.
      Fortunately, my parents and closest friends know this about me already, so I get plenty of support when I need it. Though I think my dad didn't know until a few weeks ago, when we had an argument about how things are sometimes at home, and I told him everything so bluntly that he didn't know where to put himself.

You'll be alright though. Just have hope and faith that you will, and eventually it'll happen :hugs:

That's what I tell myself, at any rate.

They know about my own bisexuality and how I understand my gender, and they both seem to respect my reasoning.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by UWS)
      Lol similar answers

Would you ever tell your parents? What would happen if they found out?
      I think my maternal side would think I'm possessed.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tehforum)
      Nice!

I've been to quite a few places solo, and once didn't even tell them I went over a weekend.

I said I was going down to London.

There's a stigma going solo which needn't be the case.
      That's so cool, I need to travel solo again. I don't know what is but my parents would have no issues with me travelling alone to other parts of England, yet taking a flight which perhaps would be the same travel time as a train is considered a no.

Which places have you been to alone, and do you recommend any?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Escape...)
      That's so cool, I need to travel solo again. I don't know what is but my parents would have no issues with me travelling alone to other parts of England, yet taking a flight which perhaps would be the same travel time as a train is considered a no.

Which places have you been to alone, and do you recommend any?
      Berlin, Prague, Budapest so far.

I will go to Amsterdam in August for Dekmantel festival - a house/techno music festival.

I want to go to SEA - Bangkok, one of the Thai islands, Singapore, and somewhere else in a 2 week trip soon.

PM me if you want to talk more
      • Very Important Poster
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
      I think my maternal side would think I'm possessed.
      And your paternal side?

that i'm gay
      that i have friends online
      that i failed a module
      that i'm trying to move to sweden

:sigh:

ReputationRep:

Demisexuals aren't real
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dat Tall Guy)
      Demisexuals aren't real
      Ok, sweetie

ReputationRep:
      Ok, sweetie
      You're asexual or just have a very low sex drive. Unless your BF looks like a concrete wall and has an interesting personality i'll call bs
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dat Tall Guy)
      You're asexual or just have a very low sex drive. Unless your BF looks like a concrete wall and has an interesting personality i'll call bs
      Ex, don't have a boyfriend.

Call me asexual then, frankly, I don't care. It's just labels at the end of the day.

Tsr
      Online friends
      Issues

they don't know that i have depression, i self harm, i've cried many times at school, i'm broken inside.
      all they know is that i'm happy in my life. which isn't even true.
      i guess they don't know anything pfff

Spoiler:
      Show

real or step parents? :hmmmm:
      • Very Important Poster
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Tsr
      Online friends
      Issues
      What do you mean by TSR?

they don't know that i have depression, i self harm, i've cried many times at school, i'm broken inside.
      all they know is that i'm happy in my life. which isn't even true.
      i guess they don't know anything pfff

Spoiler:
      Show

real or step parents? :hmmmm:

Either or both.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.