Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "This is it then! My exhortation to you. My call to arms. My cry for heroic violence, and a never-ending purge, till we have cleansed our land of Christianity, and restored the true, ancient faith!"

At this, a cry arose from the ten thousand pagan warriors who had gathered outside the Abbey that day. Determined to follow War Chief Oswald to the death, and following his message of eternal war against Christian doctrine, they cheered until their throats were hoarse, and, clinging their torches and singing their bloody, macabre and warlike songs, filed into the church smashing and burning and looting. All the while, a service was in progress, and the frightened congregation stood up to greet these wild and violent, long-haired lunatics, with fear in their eyes and prayers in their mouths. The pastor, mid-sermon, began praying in tongues, but had an axe flung at his forehead and fell down instantly, dead. The congregation screamed and scattered in terror. Some people were stupid enough to run towards the altar where the priest fell, cling to it and pray that Holy Ghost fire would fall down on these evil vermin and that the hand of God would deliver them from death. They were all killed without mercy, and their heads placed on the altar, to the amusement of the pagan warriors. Soon, the entire church building was in flames. The smell of burning Christians wafted to the skies and pleased the gods. The sight of burning wood excited the barbarian band, who were killing and raping the congregants without mercy. The pretty ones were carried off to be forcibly married at a later date. The ugly ones were killed without hesitation. Blood ran over the church floor. There would be no atonement. This was not the blood of Abel, and there was no angry Yahweh to avenge it.

Anything of value was robbed. Gold cups, plates, offering - all were seized. The wooden cross in the back of the room was taken down.

"Curse Yahweh!" screamed War Chief Oswald as he climbed into the altar and urinated shamelessly into the font. "Curse Yahweh! May he strike me dead for what I have just done!" And with that he roared with laughter. He picked up the Bible that had been left on the altar by the priest. He threw it into the flames. "Nonsense book," he muttered. Turning to his warriors, he announced, "I have the divine power now!"

The blazing church illuminated the surrounding area for several miles, uncovering the worried faces of pitiful Christians city-wide peering out from their shop windows, their cars and their house doors, fearing for their lives.

The Pagan Terror had begun.

ReputationRep:
    Made me sad I have to wait for another season of Vikings tbh

ReputationRep:
    this is what is happening in the Middle East today.

ReputationRep:
    I wish this would happen irl and we'd have a pagan revival.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.