Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speaker Statement - TSR Libertarian Party Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Speaker's Statement: TSR Libertarian Party
    I have accepted the creation of the TSR Libertarian party this week, having looked at the list of proposed members, contacting them to assess potential activity, and carrying out a dupe check; coupled with the idea that more parties makes a more dynamic house, I have accepted this proposal.

Unfortunately, the CT have said there will be a delay of 'a month or 2' until a sub forum will be created, you can see what I said here.

Due to this issue being no fault of the new party or their membership, I do not see this as a reason fit for delaying their creation, especially during any potential prolonged wait on the sub forum.

During this time of no sub forum, the Libertarians will be able to carry out all normal party activities, and I will be keeping in close contact with their leadership to ensure everything remains above board, and if necessary, if discussions go offsite; then I will discuss with them if its worth me being a member of the Skype discussion/ forum or similar, but it should be remembered that many parties conduct a lot of business and discussion off site, so this should not trouble the members.

As we still have a good few months yet until the next GE, I am confident that we will have a sub forum for the party by then, and as long as an early GE is not called; all should be good, but if the issue continues to be a case, then I will make a decision down the line!

As for a list of members, I would expect and ask the leadership to keep an upto date list of members on their Q+A thread, to ensure transparency etc, and I will consider this a requirement for their operation; as it will allow the house to know who is in the party, if things are being done off site!

If any developments should arise, I will inform the house; but I feel having a new party will add to the dynamics of the game, and keep it interesting!

• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker, how can you assure us that appropriate dupe checks can be conducted, when there is no way to ensure that members on their off-site forum are who they say they are on TSR (and vice-versa)?

Similarly, should we take this post, as their Party membership list, as we cannot see if someone is a member of someone's profile...?

(Original post by Gladstone1885)
    TSR Libertarian Party (logo to come) (constitution to come) (manifesto to come) ~ forum link ~ Leadership Team: Acting Leader: Gladstone1885 Acting Deputy Leader: Joecphillips Spokesperson for Defense & International Diplomacy: Connor27 Spokesperson for Civil Liberty & Culture: TBD Spokesperson for Economic Policy & Welfare: TBD Other members: _gcx Hazzer1998 Heri2rs
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    So where did our spare subs gone, I thought there was still 1 not being used?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So where did our spare subs gone, I thought there was still 1 not being used?
    The CT have been made aware of this, but still are saying we must wait.

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    Mr Speaker, how can you assure us that appropriate dupe checks can be conducted, when there is no way to ensure that members on their off-site forum are who they say they are on TSR (and vice-versa)?

Similarly, should we take this post, as their Party membership list, as we cannot see if someone is a member of someone's profile...?
    We will ensure that members are who they say, and I will be in contact with the members and the leadership to ensure of this!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Also, is the Speaker going directly against the Constitution?

adam9317

"5.1.are formed when approved by the administration team and Speaker"
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)

We will ensure that members are who they say, and I will be in contact with the members and the leadership to ensure of this!
    How are you going to be able to ensure the members are who they say they are?

And is this statement declaring that the Party is now formed, and those members in their OP, are the members of that Party?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I believe the old 'opposition coalition' and 'Nat Lib' sub-forums should be around unless they were deleted. Alternatively could they not move one from the old MUN.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)

It takes 1-2 months to change a name and perms? Wow they're even more incompetent than I thought.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I believe the old 'opposition coalition' and 'Nat Lib' sub-forums should be around unless they were deleted. Alternatively could they not move one from the old MUN.
    Yep, the Nat Lib one is, and also the MUN/MEU UG, but the CT are refusing to sort it, despite it taking about 10-15 minutes technically!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    And one would think if they slow down the site so much, as the CT always say, then they would have been deleted (and the football UGs never made).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    It takes 1-2 months to change a name and perms? Wow they're even more incompetent than I thought.
    I will contact Danny Dorito when he is back from sick leave, but I have been told by Captain Jack that nothing will be done until they recruit a replacement for Queen Ceresi!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    And one would think if they slow down the site so much, as the CT always say, then they would have been deleted (and the football UGs never made).
    Not just not made the football UGs, but all the UGs which are currently redundant.

ReputationRep:

Sounds like 'extreme vetting'

ReputationRep:
    Really, it would just be a matter of clearing the UG/sub and then renaming it. (and assigning the permissions accordingly) I'm not sure why that would be longer than a 5 minute job, but I'm not really familiar with the interface that TSR uses.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Really, it would just be a matter of clearing the UG/sub and then renaming it. (and assigning the permissions accordingly) I'm not sure why that would be longer than a 5 minute job, but I'm not really familiar with the interface that TSR uses.
    vB, so yes, about 5-10 minutes... And yes, your amazement at how they think it would take longer is shared by me too!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Presumably all the people who don't have to use google to read a text document left a long time ago.

I bet I'm going to get carded so hard from this thread.

ReputationRep:

To gain access to the forum I require a message on here when they sign up and we will get dupe checks run on new members.

Just making an account on the forum does not mean you have access to everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    To gain access to the forum I require a message on here when they sign up and we will get dupe checks run on new members.

This. I have set it so that users have to have flags (rights, roles, whatever you want to call them) in order to access any vaguely "sensitive" information.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I implore the Speaker to take appropriate action against the member of the MHoC heri2rs for breaking the rule of no dual-membership without approval of both Party Leaders and the Speaker - I can confirm that I have not been contacted about the possibility of this member having dual membership - something the Speaker has wrongly not picked up on. I think it is clear that I was wrong in who I voted for in the Speakership election now - Nigel Farage MEP I am confident you would have not made this monumental error in not doing due process, I apologise that you did not have my vote initially.

This case just shows that you, respectfully, have not carried out proper due process to ensure that all members are not members of another Party, shows that you have not actually properly carried out the process of forming a new Party, and shows that we should have absolutely no confidence that you are able to carry out the monitoring of a Party, as Speaker, whilst they are on another forum.

Within minutes of you declaring them a Party, all you have shown is that you haven't actually done your job, and that ensuring members of that Party are properly monitored in terms of the duping process etc in the future, is going to be difficult.

Tagging in other Party Leaders so that they can be extra vigilant in this apparent case of the Speaker being negligent.
    RayApparently Andy98 Unown Uzer PetrosAC

• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    Sounds like 'extreme vetting'
    Extreme vetting which did not vet one of your members already being a member of my Party - does not sound extreme at all.
    (Original post by joecphillips)

Well, apparently those checks have been incompetent against one of those members.
    (Original post by _gcx)
    This. I have set it so that users have to have flags (rights, roles, whatever you want to call them) in order to access any vaguely "sensitive" information.
    In order to access vaguely sensitive information which one of my members has had access to.

Perhaps all of you look at my post above.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.