Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speaker Statement - TSR Libertarian Party Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    The libertarians are forming and that's that. I think we should maintain friendly relations with them and see them as potential coalition partners.
    As for the attacks( I've haven't dished any out myself) , they are not aimed at the member of the libertarians or the party itself but the process.
    Lets just calm down and focus on kicking out the lefties!
    This is just going to far. Saying people are undemocratic, childish and spiteful for raising valid points is in itself "childish".

I'm not attacking anyone, but it annoys me when I see people generalise and falsely accuse people of things. Life_peer is raising a valid, fair point regarding the formation of the party.

There are some people in the Libertarians who want to disregard every valid point mentioned and just throw around insults and accusations... If these people are going to be Leadership then I find it hard to see how we can form a coalition with them if they are behaving in such manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)

There are some people in the Tories who want to disregard reality and just throw around insults and accusations... If these people are Leadership then I find it hard to see how we can form a coalition with them if they are behaving in such manner.
    I've amended that last paragraph for you.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    I've amended that last paragraph for you.
    It's MHoC. Nothing is real here lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    It's MHoC. Nothing is real here lol.
    No, the fact that Adam has confirmed our party is an objective fact, that is 'reality.'
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    Adam has access to, but not control over, our offsite forum. Everything we write is viewable to him.
    Does TF have access and control? If not why not as he's designated MHoC mod with access and usergroup controls for all party usergroups on TSR?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Does TF have access and control? If not why not as he's designated MHoC mod with access and usergroup controls for all party usergroups on TSR?
    He doesn't have access to all of them and I thought he was mainly in them to help with tasks such as stickying, unstickying and locking threads?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    This is becoming pretty messy… :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    This is becoming pretty messy… :erm:
    How? The situation hasn't changed much in the past few days except for LP complaining once again.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    How? The situation hasn't changed much in the past few days except for LP complaining once again.
    I was more commenting on the general confusion above, that's all. I don't really have any issue with the Libbers though. I hope the problems get ironed out and you can get your subforum sorted out.

ReputationRep:
    I was more commenting on the general confusion above, that's all. I don't really have any issue with the Libbers though. I hope the problems get ironed out and you can get your subforum sorted out.
    Thanks for the support, the liberals and the libertarians can hopefully work together on our common goals in the near future.

ReputationRep:
    It was the becoming messy why I responded how I did, the situation is not perfect hopefully we do get the problems sorted and then we can all move forward.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    He doesn't have access to all of them and I thought he was mainly in them to help with tasks such as stickying, unstickying and locking threads?
    If he's not got UG controls he's the first MHoC mod not to have them in my time here, and I was under the impression that he had access to the lot. As well as administrative stuff he is there to keep an eye in case anything untoward goes on. An off-site subforum can obviously not be moderated to TSR standards if it is not accessible to the people in charge of doing that monitoring.

ReputationRep:
    If he's not got UG controls he's the first MHoC mod not to have them in my time here, and I was under the impression that he had access to the lot. As well as administrative stuff he is there to keep an eye in case anything untoward goes on. An off-site subforum can obviously not be moderated to TSR standards if it is not accessible to the people in charge of doing that monitoring.
    I would not object to inviting TF to the forum, and giving him administrative abilities.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    But why does it need to be 'moderated to TSR standards'? Surely their members shouldn't be reported to the TSR CT for swearing for example?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    But why does it need to be 'moderated to TSR standards'? Surely their members shouldn't be reported to the TSR CT for swearing for example?
    Not doing so would be unfair on parties that have TSR subfora and are therefore subject to TSR's rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Not doing so would be unfair on parties that have TSR subfora and are therefore subject to TSR's rules.
    You could take some activity off of tsr, should that also be available to tf?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    If we were able to actually run our party off TSR, I would be pushing very strongly for that, and yes, I would be open to including Adam and/or TF for moderation purposes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I do indeed have access to all user groups within the MHoC sub.

On the issue of the off-site forum, I've trusted Adam given that as a member of the Support Team, he should theoretically be just as aware of the rules in TSR. Whilst I'll usually only be doing requested admin, it's also important that we can verify exactly what has happened in the event of any disruptive scenario, which is naturally hindered when something is off-site. It's a sticky situation of course, so as long as this is purely a short term workaround, I'm ok with just Adam in the forum.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Supplementing what a party has on TSR is a totally different situation to what is the supposed equivalent to a TSR subforum.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    And more breaches of the constitution coming to light.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.