Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    What are the official policies regarding revoking a party's acceptance? I'm going to guess not having a certain number of members isn't grounds for that. I would also ask that Adam make an exception given that we don't have a proper subforum and thus it is more difficult to recruit.

That combined with the Tory party's stated goal of our demise should be enough to permit us to continue our existence.
    I have no intention of revoking a party's creation unless activity hits the floor in the coming days and weeks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What are the official policies regarding revoking a party's acceptance? I'm going to guess not having a certain number of members isn't grounds for that. I would also ask that Adam make an exception given that we don't have a proper subforum and thus it is more difficult to recruit.

That combined with the Tory party's stated goal of our demise should be enough to permit us to continue our existence.
    Well, usually a Party wouldn't be formed without 10 active members (not 4 or 5), and with the approval of the Speaker, and CT. Note that no new parties ever have a sub-forum prior to approval, so in terms of that, they are all in the same boat.

I have absolutely no problem with the formation of you - my problem is that this has been handled badly, by the fact that one supposed member of yours is actually a member of the Tories, and I did not give permission for dual membership. Similarly, hazzer has declared he is not a member of yours, which was taken into account when approving the Party. Therefore, only 4 members should be taken into account when approving the Party.

The final problem I have, is with the off-site forum - it makes ensuring that the integrity of all parties is more difficult, as I can't just check someone's profile to see if they're part of your Party. Had a sub-forum for you guys been sorted, and one of my members wasn't 'dual-membering' I wouldn't actually really be kicking up a fuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Well, usually a Party wouldn't be formed without 10 active members (not 4 or 5), and with the approval of the Speaker, and CT. Note that no new parties ever have a sub-forum prior to approval, so in terms of that, they are all in the same boat.

I have absolutely no problem with the formation of you - my problem is that this has been handled badly, by the fact that one supposed member of yours is actually a member of the Tories, and I did not give permission for dual membership. Similarly, hazzer has declared he is not a member of yours, which was taken into account when approving the Party. Therefore, only 4 members should be taken into account when approving the Party.

The final problem I have, is with the off-site forum - it makes ensuring that the integrity of all parties is more difficult, as I can't just check someone's profile to see if they're part of your Party. Had a sub-forum for you guys been sorted, and one of my members wasn't 'dual-membering' I wouldn't actually really be kicking up a fuss.
    Given that you started your inquiries before you were aware that you had a duel member problem, I think its probably because we will inevitably take votes from you. I don't blame you for looking after your interests, but you shouldn't avoid stating your intentions. I don't doubt that you have legitimate concerns, many are valid.

We were approved, so now it is a question of the rules pertaining to revocation, not formation.

Adam will have full access to the subforum. If someone joins our subforum, they will have a TSR account that you can check as well.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Given that you started your inquiries before you were aware that you had a duel member problem, I think its probably because we will inevitably take votes from you. I don't blame you for looking after your interests, but you shouldn't avoid stating your intentions. I don't doubt that you have legitimate concerns, many are valid.

We were approved, so now it is a question of the rules pertaining to revocation, not formation.

Adam will have full access to the subforum. If someone joins our subforum, they will have a TSR account that you can check as well.
    Actually my enquiries this afternoon have all been because of the dual membership problem.

Their TSR account will not be in any party UG (at least not a Libertarian one) and so that doesn't allow me to see if they're part of your Party though...

And about the party being formed, the Party was formed on the basis of 6 members, not 4/5, and therefore any formation is illegitimate on this basis. Whether the Speaker wants to uphold the formation on the basis of only 4/5 being part of it then that's his choice of course. (4/5 dependant on whether you consider that heri2rs should not be counted due to him already being a member of a party and not having dual-membership permission)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    adam9317

Are you upholding the formation of the Party given that there are not 6 members as part of it, but 4 (excluding both heri2rs and hazzer), or 5 (excluding just hazzer)?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    adam9317

Are you upholding the formation of the Party given that there are not 6 members as part of it, but 4 (excluding both heri2rs and hazzer), or 5 (excluding just hazzer)?
    I am happy at present, and with the activity levels which I am witnessing within their sub are good; better than some current parties within TSR; I am happy for this to continue.

But, be under no illusion if activity falls considerably, I will have no hesitation in cutting this party off, but if activity levels are maintained, there will be nothing to worry about!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Is that right? If it is, then our freshly elected Speaker has been very dumb indeed since I believe the requirement of at least ten members is in the Constitution, is it not?
    As already stated, it's GD, hence why I asked about it during the election.

adam9317

Also, it's worth noting that removing Hazzer (who claims not to be a member), and heri2rs (who should be sanctioned and banned for dual membership without permission), the Party only seems to have 4 members according to the OP of their thread.
    You sound scared given how badly you're trying to stop this happening.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    I am happy at present, and with the activity levels which I am witnessing within their sub are good; better than some current parties within TSR; I am happy for this to continue.

But, be under no illusion if activity falls considerably, I will have no hesitation in cutting this party off, but if activity levels are maintained, there will be nothing to worry about!
    Ok, and what about the dual member who doesn't have permission to be? You've said that the Libertarian Party has formed, yet he has been allowed to be a member of it, without my permission. Why didn't you check that prior to forming it, or at least remove him as listed as a member? And why was Hazzer allowed to remain on the list if he wasn't - or did you not actually check whether he wanted to be in it?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    As already stated, it's GD, hence why I asked about it during the election.

You sound scared given how badly you're trying to stop this happening.
    Well, not really, I just don't want it to happen in this way - i actually believe that something similar to the Nat Libs will happen, and we saw how that was...

It's also more about the principle of the Speaker not actually having done his job properly...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Ok, and what about the dual member who doesn't have permission to be? You've said that the Libertarian Party has formed, yet he has been allowed to be a member of it, without my permission. Why didn't you check that prior to forming it, or at least remove him as listed as a member? And why was Hazzer allowed to remain on the list if he wasn't - or did you not actually check whether he wanted to be in it?
    It is all being dealt with, and members if not allowed to be a dual member will have to choose their loyalty!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It is all being dealt with, and members if not allowed to be a dual member will have to choose their loyalty!
    That's missing the point - why didn't you check this in the first place?

Otherwise, can I list 10 MHoCers, have the Party formed, and then wait for you to check that they actually want to be part of it?

This is now moving from the formation of it, which I've moved on from, to the point that you've allowed a dual member to happen, who now has access to both the Conservatives AND the Libertarian forum - why do you have that right to allow that to happen?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Otherwise, can I list 10 MHoCers, have the Party formed, and then wait for you to check that they actually want to be part of it?

This is now moving from the formation of it, which I've moved on from, to the point that you've allowed a dual member to happen, who now has access to both the Conservatives AND the Libertarian forum - why do you have that right to allow that to happen?
    It is regrettable that this was allowed to happen, but this is being dealt with!

ReputationRep:

Who is this member who has access to both? Adam?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It is regrettable that this was allowed to happen, but this is being dealt with!
    If it's regrettable, why did you allow it?

And yes it's being dealt with, he's no longer part of the Conservatives (or at least won't be once he's removed from the UG, which oh wait, I now have to wait 36 hours for). How else is it being dealt with? YOU, have been the direct cause of a possible leak.

I have nothing further really to add on it, except that yes, the way you've handled this is awful, way worse than any decision I've seen by any Speaker.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    On a side note, now I've got that out of my system, good luck with the formation/starting of your Party, I genuinely look forward to seeing what Bills/ideas you bring to the House.

ReputationRep:
    I predict a riot
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Who is this member who has access to both? Adam?
    No, heri2rs - although, granted, he is not yet an actual member of your forum from what I've seen. I would ask that you don't allow him onto your forum until Monday (when the CT remove him from our sub-forum), for obvious reasons, though that is ultimately up to you guys!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    I predict a riot
    God that was a song and a half Though unfortunately any riots just lead to someone hiding behind the empty words of it's being dealt with in the hope people back off and give up...!

ReputationRep:
    God that was a song and a half
    yeah. it were a brilliant song. I were angry that the Libertarian party can back to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE

ReputationRep:
    On a side note, now I've got that out of my system, good luck with the formation/starting of your Party, I genuinely look forward to seeing what Bills/ideas you bring to the House.
    Oh believe me, we have a lot in mind to bring to the table

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.