Well, isn't this great?
    :yy:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    :yy:
    :lol: I'm just gonna return to hiding in the Liberal subforum, it's madness out here!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    :lol: I'm just gonna return to hiding in the Liberal subforum, it's madness out here!
    Yeh, I've returned to watching Dragons Den, and getting on with some of my econometrics project - decided that thinking about cigarette and alcohol consumption, and whether females who have young children smoke more than males with young children, is definitely much more interesting!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I've returned to watching Dragons Den, and getting on with some of my econometrics project - decided that thinking about cigarette and alcohol consumption, and whether females who have young children smoke more than males with young children, is definitely much more interesting!
    Anything with 'econ' in it makes me cry, because that's my ex's degree, and it's all the bloody work he does, and it's horrible :lol: I should be looking into Irish foreign policy and terrorism policy in regards to the EU, but sure that's what Sundays are for. Panicking about uni work.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Anything with 'econ' in it makes me cry, because that's my ex's degree, and it's all the bloody work he does, and it's horrible :lol: I should be looking into Irish foreign policy and terrorism policy in regards to the EU, but sure that's what Sundays are for. Panicking about uni work.
    Aww haha, it's good fun to be fair

Totally know the feeling, I've got some stuff due in on Monday which I haven't started... though terrorism policy sounds not too bad - shoot all the terrorists?!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Aww haha, it's good fun to be fair

Totally know the feeling, I've got some stuff due in on Monday which I haven't started... though terrorism policy sounds not too bad - shoot all the terrorists?!
    This semester I am doing an EU simulation module, where we are all different parts of the Council, Parliament, countries etc, and it's based on a pretend terrorism attack in Europe. We have to attempt to deal with it like the EU and all the heads of states would. Should be interesting. For the purpose of the simulation, the UK hold the Presidency, and the guy who bagged the UK is a proper Brexit supporting Tory :rofl:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This semester I am doing an EU simulation module, where we are all different parts of the Council, Parliament, countries etc, and it's based on a pretend terrorism attack in Europe. We have to attempt to deal with it like the EU and all the heads of states would. Should be interesting. For the purpose of the simulation, the UK hold the Presidency, and the guy who bagged the UK is a proper Brexit supporting Tory :rofl:
    That does sound pretty interesting actually - so does that make up an entire module worth of credits that you get?? That's awesome (I probably wouldn't say that if I was actually doing it though!)

Wooooo, go Tories!!!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That does sound pretty interesting actually - so does that make up an entire module worth of credits that you get?? That's awesome (I probably wouldn't say that if I was actually doing it though!)

Wooooo, go Tories!!!!
    Yeah, it's an entire module, this year I do 2 modules a semester, each worth 30 credits. But I do have to write a 4000 word essay on EU security, and then a 4000 word report on the simulation itself. Fun (!)

Tbh, I think he would get on very well with your party :rofl:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's an entire module, this year I do 2 modules a semester, each worth 30 credits. But I do have to write a 4000 word essay on EU security, and then a 4000 word report on the simulation itself. Fun (!)

Tbh, I think he would get on very well with your party :rofl:
    Ahh fair enough, yeh those two essays don't sound like joy!

Send in my way - perhaps there's some referral bonus in there for you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Ahh fair enough, yeh those two essays don't sound like joy!

Send in my way - perhaps there's some referral bonus in there for you
    Nope, not at all :sad:

Aye, sit beside him in class and say 'Have you ever heard of TSR? They have a great Tory party, you should join!' bearing in mind I barely know the guy :rofl:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not at all :sad:

Aye, sit beside him in class and say 'Have you ever heard of TSR? They have a great Tory party, you should join!' bearing in mind I barely know the guy :rofl:
    Perfect, I look forward to adding him
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Perfect, I look forward to adding him
    :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I leave for a day FFS....

:facepalm2:

Four members is a small number, but let's not forget that UKIP and the Greens have either 0 or 1 active members each (depending on how charitable we wish to be) and at various times in the past parties have been propped up by a single member. Sure, most of the legislative action was mine, but the core members were still actively debating everything that was posted. At best, only Labour and the Tories can boast a similar kind of participation. I don't think this argument holds at all really.

With regards to the private forum issues and the dual memberships: obviously this hasn't been ideal. But it also doesn't matter that much. I think Adam has acted in good faith. Also, every single member mentioned in this thread was listed by me in the OP of the main thread throughout the process. It strikes me that it is incumbent on party leaders to at least do a cursory background check on prospective members. A look at the first page of posting history would have made everything clear. Could Adam have done this better? Sure. Is he the only one to blame? Of course not.

Relax.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    How does the Speaker respond to the suggestion that it is not his right to unilaterally approve the creation of a party, as per 5.1 in the Constitution?

5.1. [Parties] are formed when approved by the administration team and Speaker (please see the Guiding Document).

Could Mr Speaker please provide evidence that the fact that a subforum will not be available for at least a month or two does not equate to the CT not having approved the party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    How does the Speaker respond to the suggestion that it is not his right to unilaterally approve the creation of a party, as per 5.1 in the Constitution?

5.1. [Parties] are formed when approved by the administration team and Speaker (please see the Guiding Document).

Could Mr Speaker please provide evidence that the fact that a subforum will not be available for at least a month or two does not equate to the CT not having approved the party?
    That's some Speakership material right there; how come you're not the Speaker, mate?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Get it trending... #LibGate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)

That's ****ing brilliant :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

:rofl::rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Oh my god that is amazing. :rofl:

ReputationRep:

You make that?
    It's brilliant!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.