• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Conceited)
    You're a legend.
    Nah, it's just a video

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone if know if the libertarians are still forming with 4 members?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    If UKIP is allowed to exist with two, and the greens with three, then I don't see why not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    If UKIP is allowed to exist with two, and the greens with three, then I don't see why not.
    Because the rules that have been in effect for at least half a decade say you need at least ten active members to form a party which must also be approved by both the Speaker and the CT.

The previous Libertarian party had been allowed to exist with only one active member before it was disbanded a year or two ago, yet when the National Liberals wanted to form their party, they still needed ten active members.

It's not in the MHoC's interest to have yet another new party winning seats and then limping along for months until the last member drifts away and the Speaker grows the balls to call it a day.

You consist of two Liberals who instead of taking over apparently decided it would be much easier to form a new party, an incoherent UKIP-Liberal, a cheat, and a constitutional advisor or whatever you call him who's made more constitutional blunders than anyone else—of course we're not confident in your ability to lead an active party that's going to enrich the MHoC, and you need more members.

The freshly elected Speaker has made a massive mistake and I hope the community is smart enough to revise those decisions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    They've already been formed now.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    To be honest my support for the formation of this party rested largely on my faith in ByronicHero who apparently won't be very involved going forward. I feel rather mislead. I am sympathetic to the arguments put forward by various Tory MPs (who obviously aren't just complaining because they're worried about their vote share ) but I guess I broadly still support formation. It doesn't appear to have been fantastically handled though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    To be honest my support for the formation of this party rested largely on my faith in ByronicHero who apparently won't be very involved going forward. I feel rather mislead. I am sympathetic to the arguments put forward by various Tory MPs (who obviously aren't just complaining because they're worried about their vote share ) but I guess I broadly still support formation. It doesn't appear to have been fantastically handled though.
    I thank my right honourable friend for his support; and also his exposure of the Conservative Party, who, it seems, would rather throw their toys out of the pram than support a realistic future coalition partner.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I thank my right honourable friend for his support; and also his exposure of the Conservative Party, who, it seems, would rather throw their toys out of the pram than support a realistic future coalition partner.
    A sign of especial benevolence given one of my own party members has left in search of yellower shores.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Not sure where you've got that from - in fact, I don't think I've said that I don't support the Party itself, just the issues a) with the CT for not giving them a sub-forum on here, and b) the blatant ignoring of the Constitution by the Speaker and his lack of due diligence of ensuring that proposed members are actually interested, and not already in other Parties.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If ukip only has two pray tell how all their seats are occupied, and I bet I can find at least 4 who are part of the green UG

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    A sign of especial benevolence given one of my own party members has left in search of yellower shores.
    Who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    If ukip only has two pray tell how all their seats are occupied, and I bet I can find at least 4 who are part of the green UG

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Read "active members", which UKIP members actively participate in debate that aren't UU or Nigel?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Who?
    _gcx
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Where did I say that I didn't support them?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Because the rules that have been in effect for at least half a decade say you need at least ten active members to form a party which must also be approved by both the Speaker and the CT.

The previous Libertarian party had been allowed to exist with only one active member before it was disbanded a year or two ago, yet when the National Liberals wanted to form their party, they still needed ten active members.

It's not in the MHoC's interest to have yet another new party winning seats and then limping along for months until the last member drifts away and the Speaker grows the balls to call it a day.

You consist of two Liberals who instead of taking over apparently decided it would be much easier to form a new party, an incoherent UKIP-Liberal, a cheat, and a constitutional advisor or whatever you call him who's made more constitutional blunders than anyone else—of course we're not confident in your ability to lead an active party that's going to enrich the MHoC, and you need more members.

The freshly elected Speaker has made a massive mistake and I hope the community is smart enough to revise those decisions.
    You sound a bit hurt that this effectively precludes the Conservatives from government given my amazing team's marketing and policymaking abilities.

We may not be blessed with inheriting the success of the IRL Conservative Party and riding their coattails to a majority (oh wait, you failed in that), but we will serve a tangible purpose in this House once we get up and running with a subforum and more members.

It is now clear that the intentions of the Conservative Party are to use the unjust rules on party formation to avoid what should be a natural market competition of ideas, and one that I'm increasingly inclined to believe they would lose. The Tories are complacent as the only formidable right wing opposition, and any threat to this status is understandably worrying to them.

I have at this moment the utmost respect for my former party leader for not engaging in this political horse ****, and I look forward to destroying you all come Election Day.

ReputationRep:
    We are formed.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    You sound a bit hurt that this effectively precludes the Conservatives from government given my amazing team's marketing and policymaking abilities.

We may not be blessed with inheriting the success of the IRL Conservative Party and riding their coattails to a majority (oh wait, you failed in that), but we will serve a tangible purpose in this House once we get up and running with a subforum and more members.
    Burned :rofl:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)

It is now clear that the intentions of the Conservative Party are to use the unjust rules on party formation to avoid what should be a natural market competition of ideas, and one that I'm increasingly inclined to believe they would lose. The Tories are complacent as the only formidable right wing opposition, and any threat to this status is understandably worrying to them.

I have at this moment the utmost respect for my former party leader for not engaging in this political horse ****, and I look forward to destroying you all come Election Day.
    Served.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're kidding, right? Our party would profit from anything with the liber-prefix since it would most likely cost our Liberal kingmakers a couple of seats. I obviously can't speak for others but I've been here for more than five years and seen similar ambitious formations fail, which is why I can honestly declare that my criticism has no ulterior motive.

Your party doesn't exist, doesn't satisfy the requirements for its formation, is composed of only up to two active users (not counting the Kipper who isn't in UKIP due to personal issues with their leadership and the cheat), and the Speaker isn't aware of basic rules—of course we're protesting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.