Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im torn an which accommodation to go in too. Im older aswell (ill be 25) doing psychology undergrad but still would like to do halls as im moving from newcastle and dont know manchester that well. worried ill be with a bunch of messy 18 year olds like ha

ReputationRep:
    Yo I'm in the same position as you all. Just turned 26 a few days ago and starting a masters in MMU in september and want to house share as it would be cheaper, better craic and makes more sense. Any info or feedback, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meganj2111)
    How did you find the house share? I haven't even thought about that!
    I still can't apply yet and I don't know why! It's really annoying!
    Xx
    Hey, I'm going to be 24 when I start in September. I'm doing an access in business and then going to be doing events management in September! I've been looking into a house share. Have you decided on halls or private rent yet? I don't want to stay in halls because (sounds nasty) I just don't want to be with 18-year-olds and feel too old.

I feel like we need to start a mature student chat :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayes123)
    Hey, I'm going to be 24 when I start in September. I'm doing an access in business and then going to be doing events management in September! I've been looking into a house share. Have you decided on halls or private rent yet? I don't want to stay in halls because (sounds nasty) I just don't want to be with 18-year-olds and feel too old.

I feel like we need to start a mature student chat :'
    I want to get a house share with people in the same position as me, either near the same age as me or postgraduate. I'm from Ireland so the sooner I can get it sorted the better. I like go out and have fun obviously but I take study seriously as well so I'm fairly easy to live with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin240391)
    I want to get a house share with people in the same position as me, either near the same age as me or postgraduate. I'm from Ireland so the sooner I can get it sorted the better. I like go out and have fun obviously but I take study seriously as well so I'm fairly easy to live with.
    What you studying? And add me on fb kelly grim 😊

ReputationRep:
    What you studying? And add me on fb kelly grim 😊

Doing a MSc in Information Systems, it's basically looking at data analysis within IT systems and all that. Just wanting to get this accommodation sorted out more so than anything, then I can relax a bit

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!
    Im transferring from Ireland into Year 3 in Manchester Met and am 21.
    I feel like I am a little old for halls but am interesting in house sharing.
    Does anyone else have any other options or no if there are halls for all ages?

ReputationRep:

Hey what part of ireland you from? Im moving over too in september!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahMo1996)
    Hey there!
    Im transferring from Ireland into Year 3 in Manchester Met and am 21.
    I feel like I am a little old for halls but am interesting in house sharing.
    Does anyone else have any other options or no if there are halls for all ages?
    Hey Just wanted to say that I'm 24 and I'm currently in halls as a 3rd year and there's been absolutely no issue My age has made absolutely no difference - as long you're sociable etc. you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MargaretS24)
    Ahh are u? Im really excited more nervous about where im going to live haha, i know tell me about it im avoiding halls as i don't think the age gap will be a good idea haha, ive applied for sanctuary grafton st i think its called and cavendish place - ive heard bad reviews for both eek! Ive also applied for a house share in fallowfield. Just a waiting game now! Xx
    Hey there just reading this post now! I am in the same situation as you guys just wondering have yous found somewhere to live yet? And how do I apply too house share! Im transferring into Year 3 and im 21.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Hey Just wanted to say that I'm 24 and I'm currently in halls as a 3rd year and there's been absolutely no issue My age has made absolutely no difference - as long you're sociable etc. you'll be fine!
    Oh really? thats a good sign then! how do I about applying for these halls so?

ReputationRep:
    Hey what part of ireland you from? Im moving over too in september!
    Hiya, I'm from Derry in the north. Just want to get the ball rolling with this house sharing craic. Wherabouts you from then?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm from Derry in the north. Just want to get the ball rolling with this house sharing craic. Wherabouts you from then?
    If anyone does wanna house share please message me 😊

ReputationRep:
    If anyone does wanna house share please message me 😊
    Are you talking about house sharing new Manchester met?
    I am wanting to look into it!

ReputationRep:
    Im from Dublin! Same here I need to get a house before august as im traveling in September before we starr!

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about house sharing new Manchester met?k
    I am wanting to look into it!
    Yeahhhh

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhhh
    I'm up for it as well !!

ReputationRep:
    I'm up for it as well !!
    add me on fb kelly grim 😊

ReputationRep:
    add me im sarah molloy same picture as here!

ReputationRep:
    Lol what kelly grim are u?? Kevin Mullan is my name

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.