Turn on thread page Beta

Used up 4 years of student finance, will they still cover my PGCE?? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi all
    I am in the final year of my degree, and I want to apply for my PGCE, however for person health reasons I had to retake my second year. A few uni friends were discussing if student finance will aid my PGCE as i had already used the four years up. Now i'm worrying because without student finance I will have to pay myself and that will leave me another year behind just saving the sum of 9 grand alone.

    i guess my questions are,

    1. how many years will student finance give you ?
    2. do graduate courses like PGCE count as a new loan, and disregard whether you have done 4 years previously ?

    Thank You
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi aarondmitrie

    We give you the duration of your course, which was 3 years. We also give you an extra gift year in-case you need to repeat it which you have done so your normal student finance support has been used.

    A PGCE course is however classed as an exceptions course which means even if you have a degree and have used these years of funding, you can still get funding. The PGCE course must lead to qualified teacher status.

Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.