The Student Room Group

Uni housing dilemma.

I'm starting my last year of uni in September and for 2 years I've lived in private accommodation (ensuite). I, like a lot of university students are wondering where to live next year. I have an offer from an acquaintance & she lives with 2 people on her course. A girl dropped out so they're now looking for a replacement. However we don't really know each other well, we've met a few times and I don't know the other 2 girls. I want to live in a house next year, I'm sick of living in hall type accommodation. My current flat mates are rarely ever in, if they're then they're in rooms. I haven't seen one of them since December but she's in the flat most of the time. So yeah it does get really lonely. If I don't accept the house offer I feel like I'll be forced back into halls. But a side of me doesn't want to move in with strangers I don't know. In a house you're sharing everything, it's more intimate imo.
What would you do if it was you?.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm starting my last year of uni in September and for 2 years I've lived in private accommodation (ensuite). I, like a lot of university students are wondering where to live next year. I have an offer from an acquaintance & she lives with 2 people on her course. A girl dropped out so they're now looking for a replacement. However we don't really know each other well, we've met a few times and I don't know the other 2 girls. I want to live in a house next year, I'm sick of living in hall type accommodation. My current flat mates are rarely ever in, if they're then they're in rooms. I haven't seen one of them since December but she's in the flat most of the time. So yeah it does get really lonely. If I don't accept the house offer I feel like I'll be forced back into halls. But a side of me doesn't want to move in with strangers I don't know. In a house you're sharing everything, it's more intimate imo.
What would you do if it was you?.

I don't think you have much to lose by moving in.
I don't think sharing a house is much worse than halls. If you're concerned you could ask to visit and hang out for a few evenings to get to know everyone and ask a few questions about how they manage the usual problematic stuff like cleaning, bathroom time, bills

Quick Reply

Latest