Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm keen to hear everyone's views on the pros and cons of Leicester and Barts medical schools.

Also anything views on the university / accommodation / city life would be great too!

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB001)
    Hey,

I'm keen to hear everyone's views on the pros and cons of Leicester and Barts medical schools.

Also anything views on the university / accommodation / city life would be great too!

Thanks in advance
    I can't say anything about Barts but I'm at Leicester at the moment

Pros
    - Early patient contact and good communication training
    - Integrated curriculum (the new one especially)
    - Great pastoral support from tutors and medical societies
    - Everyone is really friendly
    - Really low living costs, especially after first year (and compared to London)

Cons
    - First year accommodation is a long way from uni (unless you choose city campus)
    - Clubbing isn't great

Some things will depend on what you want!
    The city is quite small, but there are some great restaurants and cafes around and a decent shopping centre which is close by.
    You get free transport on the hospital busses which is really useful.
    Trains to London are fast and cheap if you still want to go there for days out.
    There are some great opportunities for student research!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.