Turn on thread page Beta

PGCE bursaries and housing benefit watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm a single parent undergraduate looking to do a PGCE in secondary biology. Does anyone know if the teacher training bursary is counted as income in my situation?

😀
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Daynashearman)
    Hi,
    I'm a single parent undergraduate looking to do a PGCE in secondary biology. Does anyone know if the teacher training bursary is counted as income in my situation?

😀
    Student loans are counted usually for benefits so i recon bursaries would be too.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daynashearman)
    Okay thank you
    Hi

I am a current lone parent PGCE student. I thought I was going to be entitled to housing benefit but as soon as I started PGCE in September; Universal credit stopped paying my housing and reduced my child tax credit. I am doing PGCE Primary, no bursary. Universal credit say PGCE students pay own housing and other expenses from student loan and bursary.

Regards

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.