Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I auditioned for the (BA) Popular Music degree at Leeds on 19th December 2016. Although I'm aware you have to take the christmas holidays into consideration, it's now february and I still haven't heard anything, despite the University policies stating applicants should find out within 2 weeks, and if not, a letter apologising for the delay would be sent out. I'm unsure whether I should email the Uni, or trust that a response will be sent out soon. I don't mind waiting, it's just a bit stressful not knowing when I'm going to find out, as I'm pinning most of my hopes on Leeds Uni and wouldn't audition elsewhere if I got a place at Leeds.

Has anyone else had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm in the same boat, I auditioned at the start of April and still haven't heard anything. Like you, I wouldn't mind waiting, but the uncertainty is awful. Have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarundale)
    Think I'm in the same boat, I auditioned at the start of April and still haven't heard anything. Like you, I wouldn't mind waiting, but the uncertainty is awful. Have you heard anything yet?
    Hi there! Sorry to hear you're in the same boat! Thankfully I emailed the University and they got back to me personally, which was really helpful as I found out whether I got onto the course and how my audition went. The guy who emailed me said that the reason it takes so long to get back to some people is due to the really limited number of spaces on the course. For example, they can only offer about 20% of applicants a place so have to work out if there's any alternative route. For me personally, I got offered a place on the BA popular music course with a foundation year- which I accepted. Definitely email them though! Best of luck to you, hope you get on the course!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by jarundale)
    Hi

If you haven't heard anything after two weeks from your audition then please do contact our admissions team on [email protected] and they will be able to let you know the status of your application and when you are likely to hear the outcome.

Sorry to hear about your wait, we know it is a nerve-wracking time so we do aim to get back to you as soon as possible but sometimes decisions do take longer.

If you have any other questions in the meantime please feel free to ask me,

Best of luck with your application,

Emily
    Leeds College of Music

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.